1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Panigale R Gen 2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bradders, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Rare as hens teeth! Found 1 at Sheffield double-dosh, but no one else seems to have one. Quite a few pre-15 gen 1's out there.

Maybe the PCP's are all due this year ;)

2. Wonder how many were made :thinkingface: how much were Sheffield asking, can't see it on Ebay - I wonder where they are all hiding :eyes:

3. IIRC not as much as normal, about 24k (ie only 6k over price rather than 10+!)

4. Ducati Aylesbury had one I should have bought! Was an ex performance bikes demo bike.

It was 18k with 2500 miles on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yip, sounds like a bargain...

6. Yeah mate, just put me off a bit when I saw Rutter on it .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I had an ex MCN 1299S that went pop just before 7,500 miles. Unfortunately these press guys are not so patient running in or warming up there bikes (is my suspicion). I’d steer clear of them for life now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah that's what put me off glad I did my homework.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Makes sense. Preston add looks old, found it via google but can’t replicate it via the ducati search function.

10. Ducati UK site misses a trick amongst other VWG sites, in that (like BMW bikes) you can do a search and it brings back used stock nationally. You have to search each shops site direct.

11. The really annoying thing is only the first owner can extend the warranty and Ducati UK are too tight to do that or it might be a reasonable option! (Although thankfully they were not too tight to help me out under their goodwill scheme, it just made it much more difficult!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I spoke to my dealer when I bought mine and told him I expected a few PCP's to be ending and a few to come in against V4's.

He told me not many were bought on PCP, mostly 959s and lower spec Panigales. He said the people that bought R's, bought them outright. :thinkingface: I bought mine when I did as I just got the feeling the last of the V-Twin R's would become a little coveted.

13. @Robarano can't believe you missed a picture opportunity here :motorcycleduc::eyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Haven't taken the rim stickers off yet, and I know how you love them. :yum Plus I'm sure at @bradders knows what one looks like. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  15. And I suppose he's a bit angry at the moment with his impending au pairing duties - so he might just have said: 'I know what they look like' :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. There's a lot of it about today. :grinning:

17. :worried:

IMG_4313.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information