1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Panigale R Superbike Engine For Sale (plus Stock Engine With Damaged Clutch)

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Monners, Jun 4, 2020.

1. [reduced price]

I'm gradually getting through selling my Pani R bits off and this is one of the biggest parts left.

I bought it from Codex Motorsports last year for £6k after blowing my stock clutch basket at Phillip Island and its exactly as it came other than the addition of new coolant pipes. I started fitting it but never followed through with it as it wasn't practical or cost efficient for me to build whilst racing the BMW and split the bike down to sell as parts. Its never gone further than having the front and back parts of the bike fitted so no oil or coolant or running since I've had it.

It is one of the final MotoRapido V2 engines and has had a fresh rebuild with run in miles and has a new Sigma clutch along with all the usual Superbike refinements and upgrades: strongergearbox, cams, etc. Wilf at MR can supply a ready to go mapping which is supposed to work very well with the usual exhaust options or you can go for a custom mapping if you decide on something different.

I really want to clear the contents of my race van as I'm currently living in a bedsit to save cash for a house deposit so this is for sale for £4250 to clear it quickly.

Its a 100% genuine bargain sale and I'm sure plenty of people on here and within the community would be willing to vouch for me.

If you go for it I'd also be happy to do a very cheap deal on my stock engine that has a blown clutch basket. It has a damaged gearbox and engine casing so would need a strip down but I've no reason to believe there's anything wrong with the engine itself so it could be a very cheap engine for someone who has the parts to repair since the gearbox and engine casings are the same on the normal bikes as they are on this Pani R.

#1 Monners, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 67208EB0-1C08-4C63-A885-7EC34253EDEF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bumpity bump bump will except £4250 to shift this!

4. Bump!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I can vouch for these items.

But not the sellers facial hair

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. That's a fab price, considering a full refresh can be around the 4K mark. Quite annoying that I am broke at the mo :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Some one buy it, I want to go swanning around Italy without having loads of stuff lying around the UK!

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yeah would be good if your stuff lying around in hangar was shifted

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. F4F36F55-044D-4091-A5F4-53846FC04602.jpeg

10. Hi George, I have sold this now but give me a pm and I can put you in touch with Dean who has it since he is considering stripping down the old engine and selling the parts. He is on here so may see the post but I forget his user name!

11. @DRR117 ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah I have the r engine partly stripped to check the damage. The aim was to restore it as the damage at the minute looks to be fairly minor. What parts are you after? :upyeah:

#12 DRR117, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I have no clue what is the problem right now... the bike was low sliding, magnesium clutch cover cracked fair amount of oil was missing ( under the minimum level ) - bike did not start ever since, but found lots of metal and copper on slum plug
    Ideally looking for a working replacement 1299 engine / or do you reckon is cheaper to fix this ? :confused:

14. Are you sure it’s broken @George Milankovits ? A low side doesn't normally cause any problem with the engine internals.

#14 Monners, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  15. Depends how long it’s running whilst on its side...

16. my concern is about the copper bits found on sump plug... they are probably form rod bearings. I should strip it to see its condition...or sell the bike for spares...hanging around these questions

17. not sure my r engine is the one for you as that needs a new clutch, clutch cases and a few other bits before it can go in a bike. Probably look at getting it rebuilt as oppose to selling it in parts

Might be best to get yours checked especially with copper in the sump. Although if you want a winter project and are handy with the spanner’s. I could be tempted in selling the r engine as it is.

good luck with whichever way you decide to go :upyeah:

18. Isn’t copper usually either clutch or shells ?

I can’t remember exactly

19. I will do endoscope examination, to see inside prior opening the crank case, how much would be your engine as it is? is it the standard 1299 or R? apart from the clutch, flywheel, and crank case all fine?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information