1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale R Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by cookster, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Hi chaps I've booked on the donny track day and I'm taking the pani R. Looking at new tyres for it .... I usually use Dunlop d212-d213 gp racers on my other bikes any reason they won't work on the panigale??

Cheers

2. Cannot think of any reason why not mate.
    God, it’s only Feb and it’s already getting serious. :motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::heart:

3. Yeah mate new brakes going in and new tyres going on.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Do you have to reset TC or make any changes for a different tyre on those?

5. I think you do yes. You certainly do on the V4. Calibrate to new tyre profile. Hold in 2nd at 30mph for 5-10 seconds. It's a pita and harder than it sounds on a track day :D

6. they will be shit.... fit them to my 900ss and we can swap bikes for the day. im all about solving problems here.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Will I have to reset any thing using same size tyres?? New wheels going on too mind.

8. Same size and profile then I’m sure there is no need to change but I will check. The V4 deft has this but can’t remember on the R. Had a few but will look tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tyre will be different diameter, but probably not by much. It’s why changing from a scorpion tyre to a pr5 on a multi raises the seat height even tho both 190/55

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. The manual says if you fit different tyres other than oe ones but belonging to the classes specified by Ducati (size and speed etc I assume) the function allows you to recalibrate the system (page 198 cookie). So, given you are changing wheels too, I would recalibrate. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I'm a bloke I don't read the instructions

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. If all else fails, read the instructions.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. but wait till everything fails first, surely!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Probably not the best plan on a track day :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Just recalibrate, more for the wheels rather than the tyres. Easy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I was reminded by JHP recently that I would need to Calibrate again on the V4R. As I changed the rear sprocket to a 43T. If you calibrated it when you changed them before and you're replacing with the same tyre/ size and everything else is staying the same, then probably not. Why re-calibrate, when its already done.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Exactly.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information