1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale Rearsets

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by chrisb1299, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Hi all,

After a recent track outing, I've decided I need rearsets as I'm using the race seat for the extra grip but that's then obviously raised the seat height which overall I found is restricting my movement a touch. I've seen that most options are pretty pricey (Ducati tax eh?) and wondered what experiences preferences everyone's had with rearsets. The Spider set seems to look decent and reasonably priced and I've also managed to find a limited edition set of Lightech.

Any opinions or experiences appreciated.

Cheers

2. ive gone DP on my pani r there very good, but i would go lightech as they are amazing quality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ive DP on mine too, theyre pretty good tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've had Lightech on my 1199 and 1299, great quality, spares are easy to obtain (I seem to grind away toe pegs for fun).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. another vote for the DP version

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do voters, have you found that the two positions have offered enough adjustment for peg position? That's one thing that pulls me away from these

7. i found that the DP version suits the DP race seat very well, so for me one complements the other, so to say..
    i havent found that i need to adjust anything else to be honest other than Lever angle and re loctite on all the footrest bolts

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had CNC and really liked them. Choice of rigid or folding pegs too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris, these are my two cents. And it is purely my opinion based on real life experiences with each brand. Obviously whether you like or dislike rearsets is dependent -slightly- on your body shape, height and fitness.
    I also got the race seat.
    Firstly i bought the CNC (Pramac edition) rear sets. I found them comfortable, good adjustability of gear change and rear brake selector lengths. Foot pegs even in highest position, not a huge difference from stock. Definitely a difference but not massive.

Then, I bought the Genuine Ducati Dp version. Only ever used in the high position. Definitely higher foot peg placement than the CNC. Agree with others that the combination of the race seat and the DP sets made a nice fit. But not as good adjustability range with the foot controls compared to the CNC.
    And alot more headache and difficult to fit to the bike than the CNC.
    Overall becuase the foot pegs were higher than the CNC, I preferred them, but it irritated me that I couldnt adjust the foot controls as much as the CNC. However, please note, my boot is UK size 11 (EURO 46). Maybe a smaller boot would not of had my issues.
    Nonetheless I did always have one gripe with both rear sets.
    They never quite made the travel of the gear change throw/rod shorter. They never made it feel like you just clicked clicked through the gears.
    Yes, it was better going up, but downshifting i found the throw still sloppy or long like the stock.
    If i could do it all again. I would get the Lightechs only. All the rest, for me; are a compromise somehow.
    If you are willing to do so, then fine.
    But the DP ones are seriously expensive and in my opinion, not worth what Ducati make you pay for them.

Lightechs or maybe Gilles at a push.

Hope that helps. Everyone has a different opinion. Thats mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. ^^
    Lightech.
    I have DP on my Pani. Lightech on track bike.
    Check out the cost of spare parts on both. If you want a laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have just fitted some Gilles to 1299 (after a bit of Faffery) they are adjustable enough for my needs and fairly simple in their design. I like the look of them and the pegs are super grippy.
    They have just had their very first tentative ride to the end of the village and back and everything seemed ok (very positive on the down shift —reverse shift pattern) but one problem I did have is that neutral was hard to find, once I did (according to the dash) the gearbox, although disengaged, was rattling like it was between gears. More tweaking needed, no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's a super detailed two cents worth but very helpful and appreciated!

13. Hmm, never noted any adjustment to pegs on my DP set.

14. DP Pegs only have two possible positions. Low, which is somewhere around stock..ish and high.
    You can also see it in the fitting instructions, but have a look behind your rear sets you will see the second hole either above or below, based on where your foot pegs are now. Note however that you need to change the length of the shifter rod if you change peg height. The pack comes with two rods. Short and long. This was by far the most frustrating part of playing with the rearsets to find the ultimate position for you. Its such a faff

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. hi spence are you racing at donny this weekend??

16. Hope he’s got his rain gear! Dreadful weather apparently :splat: Should make for some interesting results

17. No Ducati racing this weekend. Just leaving donny now. Wet and cold. Very tricky conditions

18. Spider and Lightech are good. Had both for the Kawasaki and would have kept the spider ones, but they didn't do a proper race shift version I needed. I found CNC on my V2 just okay and if you are going to spend that much I'd spend a bit more for DP ones. I'd say best value with no compromise on quality, it'd be spider.

19. I got ebay chinesium specials, 80 bucks a pop referred to me by a very quick 1199 racer. GP shift, so cheap when you throw it down the road. I take spare set to trackday's and the only issue was fiddly setting up but still better than stock Pani. I would consider Woodcraft or Robby Moto if I wanted to up the quality.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information