1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Panigale V2 Foot Brake Adjustment And Lowering Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bigcalm, May 20, 2022.

1. Hey
    Is there an easy way to adjust the brake pedal? I can't use it, as it sits too high.

Also looking for recommendations on peg lowering options

Cheers
    Steve

IMG_8861.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. You should be able to adjust the height of the brake pedal, there's usually a bolt with a locknut which you can adjust, probably just need to ensure the pads aren't binding.

As for lowering the pegs, not sure on stock but most likely it will be aftermarket lowered pegs or more probably rearsets, with rearsets you'll probably get more range to suit you and also the brake lever.

3. Yep, it usually is just a bolt and lock nut, but my bike has a spring covering the bolt / nut and doesn't seem as straight forward I'd expect.

4. What brake pedal? :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. 959 Instructions, but the same

upload_2022-5-20_10-1-44.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for sharing. But the V2 isn't the same as 959 pic, I have a large spring covering the the locknut. Its pretty tight, but i'll play around with it. IMG_8913.jpeg

7. Page 161 of the owners manual details how to do this.

8. Hey thanks. My manual talks about the pedal adjustment on page 66 of the manual, and only says it must be adjusted by the dealer. Can you post a pic of what they say on your manual?
    Cheers

9. It says in mine to have the dealer do it. But it also says have the dealer adjust the chain too!
    Anyways…here you go.

E25BF66D-F56F-4138-B9AD-CA0C253BDF9C.png

A3A612B3-6F86-45A6-BE64-B89CDDFA666B.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Basically what I put originally

• Like Like x 2
  11. That push-rod adjustment is pure Ducati design brilliance!

12. Not page 161 of the V2 manual!
    Just says can be adjusted visit ducati dealer!

Same when I looked at mine today! North of obvious but the manual states it can be adjusted but doesn’t say how just to visit your dealer !

#13 Ian Warren, Feb 19, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2023
  13. I believe they have omitted it from the manual as many owners over adjusted leaving no slack on the pedal, causing brake drag and a dangerous ride. That would result in a warranty argument. Easier to say take to dealer.

14. Damn, was there on Saturday but thought it would be easier to take my time getting it just right by adjusting it myself as I’ve done and two previous (non Ducati) bikes!

15. I have done my own previously but you do need to really ensure enough free play. So long as you know what you are doing it’s fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. That’s where a proper description in the owner handbook or a published maintenance handbook comes in handy. Had the full Honda workshop manual from the CB650 forums for my last bike which was useful for such things !

17. If you read above I put the extract from the service manual in here...

18. Make sure you leave enough room so you dont accidently drag the rear brake. My mate does that and his rear light on/off can be disconcerting. FYI, the DP Rearsets are no lower than oem imo.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information