1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Panigale V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JamieW, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Hi All

Currently in the middle of converting the V2 to a track bike which doesn't take much, it's pretty good out the box, but the brakes are a bit rubbish and need to invest in upgrading them!

I couldn't find this info anywhere, but was wondering if anyone has removed the ABS from the Panigale V2 for track use? And if so, did it make the difference I think it will? I did it on my last bike and it was nearly night and day!!

I'm going to be upgrading pads and discs, but want to remove the ABS too ideally. I know there is an ABS delete kit for the 959, but not V2 yet.

Any help/experience here would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
    Jamie

2. Welcome. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. @Spence will be your man to talk to

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Appreciate the quick reply and tip!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Afternoon,

I had a 959 and now on V2. I never have ridden with ABS, but brakes with it all removed is pretty good. Brakes are same on 959 to V2.

kit wise you just need 4 grub screws,
    Locktite and some Hel
    Brake lines. Leave electronics on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not best pic but these are the bolts I put in my ABS module

D92611B7-E4D3-4D49-AA42-3E56DD66DC0D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's brilliant and good news!! Thanks for the reply!

8. If you need some suspension ive got KTECH front and rear plus steering damper for sale

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not very much noise around the V2 on here, or any forum really, and lots for sale with low miles. It feels like the initial positive press around the bike has fallen off and not many have sold? is it just me that thinks this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agree and it's a right pain to get track parts because economy of scale isn't there to justify development. I think it released at a bad time just before Covid and I'm guessing a lot of ex demos on the market now? Maybe if it makes it to Supersport both BSB and WSBK it'll get more take up. Surprised though, I think it's a great looking bike, be better for UK roads and really good on track too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agree with the above. There's certainly nothing wrong with the V2, 959 or 899 for that matter.

I owned an 899 and it was a stunning little bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I had this thought recently. I just can’t get on with the V4’s looks but the V2 did catch my attention & although I’m unlikely to change anytime soon, I could maybe see myself being tempted if the right bike turned up, but you’re right, very few talking about them & plenty of low mileage for sale. Puzzling?

• Like Like x 1
  13. There are mostly ex demo's available from what I can see, I guess every dealer would have had one, so that's maybe disproportionate compared to say how many ex demo RSV4's you would see. I love mine though, if I can scrape enough together for a Akrapovic then it will be perfect, just filling that lean bottom end in a bit.

The plan is to buy a mates Tri-Options bike later this year as it won't be eligible for the series in 22, so then I would have the V2 for the road and 959 for track :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'll just throw lights back on mine for the 2 times a year I'll ride on the road :joy:. Be horrible with the suspension now set up for the track. Not ridden it on the road since to see.

Exhaust is the last thing I'll be doing, although there is a horrible flat spot low/mid rev range I'd like to get rid of. Just got brakes to do, rearsets to throw on and fit the rest of the crash protection and I'm good to go. Oh and a wrap too.

15. The flat spot, and the heat are what bugs me about the bike, both would be improved by an exhaust, but I don't like that it will also limit my trackdays. Loads of threads and opinions on it, but for sure something I've spent time thinking about, my mates 899 felt gruntier and more alive below 6k revs than my V2, by quite some margin, which kinda sucks

16. At a guess, I would say it's likely all the emissions shite that gets bolted on to them now

17. Yeah it is 100% that, but I just make sure I keep it above on the track and I can pass the strictest of noise testing :) Only place that caught me out is that bleeding Hairpin at Croft!! Horrible corner!

18. oh yeah I have no doubt it's purely emissions stuff, the engine should be stronger everywhere especially than a 899, when all things are equal but it's carrying a lot of restriction and my mates 899 had Termi's and a map, proving just how much of an improvement they are.

Interestingly also, his bike was running at 79 degrees and mine was running at nearly 90 degrees on the same roads, same speeds etc, there is a real difference in how hot the V2 runs, again likely emissions related

19. The heat really is another level. I rarely ride on roads, but I took a longish trip with some mates last August and I tell you what, I am sure it's a 3rd way of castration! I've never felt anything like it. During that heatwave last year in August when it was 32 degs or something, it hit 105 on the temp reading and I actually had to stop and let it cool down. Getting stuck in traffic is another nightmare as it doesn't get enough air cooling either. Heard the heat shielding kits work a bit, but never tried. Everyone just tells me it's Character :laughing:

20. Only had one “ meltdown “ experience on my 899, about 3 years ago we stayed in Saarbrucken in Germany for 5 days, rode different routes out from the city every day.
    Right in the middle of a 34C heatwave, had to go through about eight sets of traffic lights due to roadworks to get back to the hotel,...just too much for the little Pani, it hit 108C on the temperature gauge and I just couldn’t sit on the seat it got so hot, you could barely touch the seat with your hand, let alone sit on it!

I was convinced I’d scorched my “ rusty bullet hole” so I asked my mate to take a look at it for me,...:astonished: but for some reason he refused :dizzy:....some mate eh?? :joy::joy:!!
    On the way back to Zeebrugge for the ferry, it was just as hot cruising up the motorway, so when we stopped for fuel I got a litre of water to stay hydrated, I drank half of it and tipped the other half down the front crotch area of my leathers,...all the other guys cracked up, but I was desperate for it :mad:!!

In the UK however, the bike has never ever been anywhere near as hot as this..thank God ..and I swore then never to take the 899 on a summer Euro tour again :sweat:

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information