1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Panigale V4 Akrapovic Baffles/pipewerx Baffles

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by V4 Topcat, May 27, 2021.

1. I have a Panigale V4 with Full Akrapovic which is only used on track at Donington and Euro trackdays due to the noise issues, before I have always had a second bike (ZX10 then BMW) for UK so it didnt matter. Now I dont due to a blip in work etc I sold the BMW to a friend

now to the point has anyone got feed back on the Pipewerx baffles for the link end of the silencers regarding how far they bring down noise ie can you get on at Oulton, and Snet at 102dB or Brands GP at 101dB?
    but also what effect does it have on the bike ie any flat spots or coughing etc?

I also know JHP sell a larger baffle that definitely does bring it down but they are huge!!

2. Do you have the Akrapovic v1 baffles or v2 ? Andy

3. Hi Topcat,

I bought the Pipewerx baffles and have done track days at Cadwell, Snetterton and Donnington (nosey) and have been good with all. At Cadwell it was 108db with the baffles fitted but they let the bike go through. Easy to fit too

4. Hi mate, do you know if the mapping is exactly the same when you buy the full system from Ducati i.e with baffles in and without? I'm guessing Ducati just do one map and the baffles don't affect anything performance wise? Thanks.

5. Hi Fella,

I think so, the baffles do make a difference but I didn't notice a reduction in performance and I take them out when not needed as it's only a 10 minute job once you've done it once.

6. Thanks mate

Do Not Sell My Personal Information