1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale V4 Unveiling At Snell Performance, Alton

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Popped down to Snell Performance to see the V4 tonight. I must admit that whilst I was waiting for the R I'm getting some naughty thoughts about trading in the BMW.
    I havn't been out on it but it feels very similar to the Panigale but probably a bit more supportive in the tank which is one of the things that makes the V2 difficult for some people to get used to. You're not quite so high on the bike as the V2. It sounds crazy good even just at low revs, 14,000rpm will be nuts. It's a loud bugger like the V2 which puts me off a bit, one of the reason I've kept the BMW is so I know I have something that will pass all the noise regs without filling it with baffles. I'd like to get it tested to see if it will be difficult to get through noise testing, I'm guessing the race exhaust is going to be louder than thunder :)
    The screen and controls are seriously well designed, Apple quality intuitive options with nice diagrams showing you what all the suspension and other settings are doing.

Rxs46+qxTs2V4TsjTbEEcQ.jpg Qr0lVyhtTc+VPcr3JUQFCw.jpg oVc%MQRDShqpRmTAyE51ng.jpg hXFsv+thTXGE7C4hdPmtQA.jpg 34kXgetLRSOkNO7QtFdINg.jpg zpmxmmQXTeasXDO7W4NmXA.jpg QTRWvCJPSI+GR1W7sCa2YQ.jpg PPo0QYPEToqvFsvsi85vew.jpg 5weoMavCRuq5ruKNbRiZTg.jpg pH9lPZtZTP+Mv0bR4R7hUw.jpg 0q1nZPv1RfSsmYjigT45WQ.jpg wiMaOLbQRGyH1+TvpeR2qw.jpg NROBjvlAQnKOZ37uT0+14A.jpg db0Y8Pt5QZS+popbZh6UNw.jpg JI3fa%xiRiKUGT6U8RTNdQ.jpg wk9WiHI%TD+hosZDlb7c3A.jpg RhOeYgsuSnGdyahSJPJHGQ.jpg R+QFeyb+RnOwp65KoGanBQ.jpg 9KoeQPJjSFaWDvOcEGMMIw.jpg +e%FRrWnTii6yxQuQzG0Pw.jpg VgFEW9OTTIOQt1Bw5pJZeg.jpg rMfkL%VDQ52Iw8+voLfMvg.jpg

#1 Monners, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Ooh sir!

You're a bad influence.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. did you 'key' the tank out of spite? :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Great pics.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I would have thought that all the dealers would have done the "unveiling" at the same time. Manchester did theirs last Friday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. did mine last night, but as usual, she was asleep.........

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. You don’t want to let technicalities get in the way of a show though.

8. You sure that's a ducati? There was no white froth in the oil level window :D

9. No oil ;)

10. hasnt been run yet!

11. I called Snell this morning just to see if that 1198s was for sale... No luck, just for show. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hey Max. Yeah they brought the lineup in specially. Beautiful bikes.

13. Hey up Dave. I would have been all over that 1198s like a tramp on chips!

You still testing the water re the V4?

14. Don’t know if it is, but I think that bike is Tom’s, the M.D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Don’t know if its of any interest but a friend of mine has quite a nice 1098S for sale, I put up a thread a while back and I’m pretty sure he’s been too busy to make an effort to advertise it anywhere else.

16. The 1198 s looks a lot better then the V4 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Whilst not looking for a V4 panigale, I have been thinking about a 959/899 for the track but keep coming back to the noise restrictions just like you.

The 1290sd needs at least 105db days, if not 108db running the akrapovic (no killer)

Don't really want to have to base any track days I'm lucky enough to do this year on whether I can also sync with the correct db limit

I don't really get enough time as it is and so currently the S1000rr (15 onwards) is looking like a good choice to gaurantee making any date in the calendar

18. It’s so frustrating that with most twins and triples, stick anything other than the OEM can and you’re in danger.

My Daytona 675 initially failed 102 at Brands with the Arrow slip on including the baffle. A fistful of wadding saved the day, but only just. I never struggled with my 899 but that had standard cans.

My 1290 has a slip on, which sounds great and pumps out 97, so no problems there. However, it’s a little frustrating knowing there’s some performance gains to be had but I can’t access them if I want use of my local tracks - although it’s definitely not lacking any power.

I’ve always thought the rumble of a v-twin is far less intrusive than the higher pitch screaming IL4’s that sail through noise testing.

19. That’s the odd thing, an s1000rr has a good exhaust valve to make it quiet low down but it is seriously loud at full chat and it seems louder than the Pani. And yet the Pani trips the drive by testers more.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information