1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Pannier Liners

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Robin Hood, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Just brought these new pannier liners from the guys at Great Bikers Gear-GB.
    They are their new design, they currently showing out of stock but should get more in soon.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192861327960?ViewItem=&item=192861327960
    The exhaust side pannier liner is made of two separate bags that zip and Velcro together the smaller one that fills the exhaust cut out is ideal for putting oil, chain lube, cleaner and a assortment of tools or as a large toiletries bag.
    The left side is one bag with two separate compartments with a zip map pocket.
    IMG_3758.JPG IMG_3761.JPG IMG_3762.JPG IMG_3765.JPG IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3773.JPG IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3775.JPG IMG_3782.JPG IMG_3783.JPG

#1 Robin Hood, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. This looks suspiciously like an add but I’ll let you off. Funny how the pics are high quality versions of the ones on eBay.

They look good. Seem a good fit and well thought out.
    When will there be stock?

3. I wish... i had to pay for them like everybody else, They had them on a "make an offer" price which i did and was accepted so i got some discount, i contacted them to thank them and ask about another pannier liner for my Givi Trekker 30L case, which they replied and informing me that these pannier liners are a new line and asking for my review and a couple of pictures.
    Sent them some pictures and a link to this thread.

This is the message the nice guys at Great Bikers Gear sent today...

Thank you very much for sending these excellent, one of the best photos. This absolutely brilliant work. We can't express enough our gratitude and thanks for this kindness. We are glad they fit perfectly and you like them.
    Once again, appreciate your help for photos and posting them on the forum. We have asked factory to send us these designs by the mid of next week as we ran out of stock of these, so they will be in stock if anybody comes from the forum.

I think its a nice touch considering i was happy getting some discount to start with....i'm now off to find other Ebay companies needing review on new products....:p

4. Are these £54.99 per bag or for the pair?

5. For the pair...

• Thanks Thanks x 2

6. Ebay link shows a pair for the price. Other similar (and slightly cheaper) bags also are listed as a pair so I would hope these would be.

7. Each to there own, but I tried some of there bags wasn't a fan so I've got the genuine Ducati liners

8. Hi babyd, what was the issue/s with the bags which made you go for the genuine ones. I'm tempted by a set of these but wouldn't want to get them and be Dissapointed.
    Cheers

9. I'm interested in these bags but would also like to read your opinion as to why you chose the genuine Ducati liners in lieu of.

10. I have a set of genuine 2010-2014 Panniers bags for sale if anyone is interested.

11. This is a 1260 section. Moreover, I don't think yours fit both the 1260 and the 2015 to 2017 model years.

12. early bag liners will fit in the later panniers, I have friends that are still using their earlier inner bags on their current DVTs.
    All of the bags waste a bit of space, so as long as you don't pack them fit to bursting they will fit in.

13. Just bought a set of these. Seem like a good bit of kit to me.

14. I'm still using the liners I brought back in 2010 on my DVT, the shape is different but they fit OK. Where they don't fit, I squeeze in a spare pair of gloves

15. Ok. I stand enlightened. I suppose I would use it also if I had one left over from a previous bike.
    I would much prefer having one designed for the shape of the latest panniers however.

16. I bought the genuine Ducati bags and they waste so much space its hard to believe they were actually designed for the shape of the panniers

17. If these liners where for the 2015> DVT panniers, then I agree that they don't do a good job of filling the available space. That's why I ended up selling a set and ended up using my "old" liners (2010-14) even though the shape is slightly "wrong" they could be packed to make better use of the volume available.

18. They were the genuine liners to fit the 1200 DVT panniers which I'm now using on the 1260 only because I've got them now. Ended up using a packing cube in the lid on one side to use up the space and store waterproofs and gloves in the other lid on the smaller one.

I don't know if they have redesigned the liners for the 1260 but in my opinion its not worth paying the premium price for the genuine ones.

19. The bags only make sense for convenience, if your not looking to totally ram the panniers full. Or of course if there is only 1 of you on the bike, so don't need so much room as 2 would.
    We use them if we go away for 3 to 5 days as it saves having to carry the panniers to the hotel room. If we are away for 7 to 10 days and need more room we usually use a thick bag (to keep everything dry) and fill them full.

20. I've just got a set of these liners. Very pleased. They are a good fit and decent quality too.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information