1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pannier rubbers.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Phartycr0c, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Had the bike less than a week and one of the pannier securing rubbers on the footrest bracket has gone AWOL! bugger. is there an after market supplier or is it off back to the dealers! Not bin riding with the panniers on see!

2. Dealers but there not expensive

3. And store them in the panniers when you take em off :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the quick replies guys. just seen another thread with the same issue. I might have to buy a couple of sets and keep a spare.

5. Just as well this is a UK forum and not a US one, with a title like that.

6. I've bonded mine in place with Sikaflex...the little sods aren't going anywhere now.

7. IIRC they're £10 a pair.

8. Glue them in place, or you will lose/forget them again. Factory should have glued them in the first place, or made them a tighter fit on the bracket.

9. Just noticed one of mine has gone too , should have taken them off and stored them with panniers as stickywicket rightly suggests ! , My dealer wants a week to get one! Is this normal ? Took him over a week to get my fork seals , Ive improvised for now with a piece of cardboard and some insulation tape , works a treat !

10. SMC in Sheffield took a week to get mine, would appear that most places dont carry many parts anymore

11. Got mine within 4 days from Ducati Wolverhampton then promptly araldited them both onto the brackets. When I clean the bike now I give the rubbers a quick squirt with wd 40 or a silicon spray to ease slidability ...Giggedy!

12. If you leave the rubbers on without the panniers fitted and carry a pillion at least one will go missing. Been there done that :frown:

13. Times change .. sometimes for the worse it seems , I used too work for Riders of Bridgwater through the 80s , I used to get stuff for people next day ! even if it wasnt our own franchised makes , Only concession we made was that we charged postage on a single item for next day delivery , If it didnt turn up next day I felt bad and used too apologise profusely and hit the phone and chase it up !

14. 3M Scottish-weld ADHE Urethane Adhesive
    EC-3549 B/A
    Works perfectly but it's permanent.

15. Evo stick will work fine, follow the instructions.

16. Won't tried it.

17. Stuck mine on with superglue the first day I got them, been on ever since.

18. Same here, superglue since day one, and still on!

19. nothing to do with rubbers.

20. I normally keep mine in the storage place at the front of the bike

Do Not Sell My Personal Information