1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panniers Lock Help

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by John W, May 8, 2019.

1. Hi guys
    I have recently bought a new set of plastic panniers for my 1200 enduro (same as the DVT & 1260 ones, as I don't like the look of the metal boxes) .
    Having stripped the lock mechanism the locks that came with my bike don't fit. The end of the lock is square and the mechanism plate has an oval hole.
    Anyone got any clues ?
    Have the panniers mechanisms changed or something ?
    Cheers
    John.

20190508_205014.jpg

#1 John W, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. Thread moved

3. Hi ET,
    These are OE ducati panniers for a multistrada, so I was sort of expecting that posting in the multistrada forum would get more relevant views & responses.

To expand on the info above, the part number for the 1200 enduro and enduro pro is 96780654A.
    This is the same part number as 2015 on 1200 dvt and 1260s too, I've just checked again to confirm in the accessory catalogue.

Cheers,
    John.

4. 79EE3A7A-1687-4598-BA75-3DEFB87C9BE3.png I bought these. This pic is from eBay so I can’t 100% guarantee it’s correct. However I ordered from this Italian dealer and they were on my doorstep within 3-4 days. Half the UK price.

As you can see the end is not square as in your pic.

They slipped perfectly into the plastic Multi panniers.

The eBay link has expired but the dealer was Pogliani
    Or look them up on eBay.
    seller:shop.pogliani

You normally get a set of 3 barrels, how come you’ve got 7... wrong ones?

Come to think of it, those locks must befor the metal cases.

5. @John W - looking at various manuals for the panniers, top case and even the under seat lock, it appears that the lock changed (at least on the panniers) from the square boss end to the shape shown in the photo above from @Sam1199 and that shown in the 2015 pannier accessory manual.
    upload_2019-5-9_8-32-54.png

All the pictures I've found for the 2010-2014 (pre-DVT) panniers (different lock mechanism), the top case and the under seat locks show the square end.

I found the accessory manual for the Enduro metal panniers - they use the square boss lock barrels
    upload_2019-5-9_8-44-44.png

6. Thanks guys, it's a new bike with locks etc as supplied.
    I have contacted the dealer I got the panniers from and now awaiting a call but from the bike supplying dealer.

I think the locks are provided for the metal cases (2 per case) which is why there are so many.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pannier supplier have confirmed they have encountered this before, and despite it not being mentioned anywhere, fitting plastic cases to an enduro requires a new lock set :(
    Frustrating but at least I have an answer.

Now off to the bay to buy a set. Thanks for the heads up on the price difference Sam1199. Interestingly (or maybe not :p) if you look at your picture I reckon two of your locks have the oval end and the other (the one on the right of the picture) will have the square end with threaded hole in it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information