1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantah 650 Wet Clutch

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by michael shannon, Apr 19, 2018.

1. hi can some one help me ref a wet clutch on Pantah 650 wet clutch
    i need the clutch sizes the plain and the drive plus is it 10/tangs or 12 tangs and no off drive teeth as i made one for a lad now he says will not fit his bike i was given all the information from lad who had his clutch apart so i am at a loss on this one
    mike

info i have same plain plates teeth no as old dry clutch hub buy can have 10/12 tangs on drive plate a dry clutch but 10 tangs ??

2. Get him to send pics??

3. I am reasonably familiar with Pantah clutches, but I cannot make head or tail of your post. Would you like to have another go at explaining - clearly - what question you are asking?

4. hi ok
    let me get back to you with all the sizes i have for the wet clutch, bottom line is is the wet clutch hub same as the dry clutch hub on say a 750/ 900 monster 1989 same no off drive teeth but 10 tangs or 12 tangs on the drive plate here is a clutch mock up plate can you tell me is it the wet clutch ref the 10/12 tangs and no of inner teeth for the clutch hub will post the sizes later
    plain plates are 137.00 mm out side
    inner drive plates are 104.00mm inside that is the hub
    mike

clutch plate.jpg

#4 michael shannon, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  5. I haven't got the dimensions without taking my bike apart but from memory the Pantah clutch has a smaller diameter than the 750/900 dry clutches.

6. hi derek
    yes i think they are 102mm? in side and 3 less drive teeth and 10 tangs ah well skip bin then
    mike

7. good morning all
    here is the 500 500 sl ducati clutch.png sl clutch can any one help
    mike

8. @michael shannon
    20180423_131405.jpg

This is a photo I have just taken of two wet clutch plate stacks, for a 500 Pantah on the right and for a 600/650 Pantah on the left. I have measured them (not high precision just with a tape measure). Hope this is some help to you - if not please ask again.

500 (1979-80)
    Plain plates:
    Internal diameter = 94 mm (inside the teeth)
    External diameter = 124 mm
    No of teeth = 33

Lined plates:
    Internal diameter = 100 mm
    External diameter = 124 mm (inside the ears)
    External diameter = 135 mm (outside the ears)
    No of ears = 10
    Width of each ear = 12 mm

600/650 (1981 on)
    Plain plates:
    Internal diameter = 110 mm (inside the teeth)
    External diameter = 146 mm
    No of teeth = 30

Lined plates:
    Internal diameter = 124 mm
    External diameter = 146 mm (inside the ears)
    External diameter = 158 mm (outside the ears)
    No of ears = 12
    Width of each ear = 14 mm

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. hello pete 1950
    thank you for all that information and a great help to me as i work for my self i made 6 no lock tools but was given wrong info now back to the drawing board
    mike

10. pantha wet clutch no3a.jpg hello pete 1950
    here it is thank you for your help the 500cc clutch
    mike

11. good morning all
    all sorted 500cc clutch tool many thanks to pete 1950 , derek
    mike

pantha clutch tool june 2018.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. good morning all
    all sorted 500cc clutch tool many thanks to pete 1950 , derek
    mike

13. I would like to buy a 500 clutch holding tool off you please, if you have one to spare. I've sent a PM.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information