1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantah & 900 Bevel Bodywork & Wheels

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Borgo Panigale, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Garage clearout of Pantah & 900 parts, including very rare Harris/Rayner/Sports Motorcycles twin headlight fairing as fitted to the short run of specials they built in the 80's and downpipes for their exhaust system. Also an original rear light assembly and standard Pantah single headlight fairing, plus seat, though not shown, has seat cowl and sidepanels - all original parts. Also a 900 seat unit with cowl.

http://ducatista.co/USIssue39/DIOC--39-Pg-008.pdf

CMA wheels and a Speedline set too - wheels are all straight and true.

Most of the fibreglass parts have knocks and chunks, please don't expect anything to be in concours condition because it isn't

If interested in any of the above/below, please call Colin on:
    Zero Seven 821 9 Zero 455 Nine

Not on eBay for now
    IMG_3451[1].JPG IMG_3455[1].JPG IMG_3463[1].JPG IMG_3465[1].JPG IMG_3467[1].JPG IMG_3474[1].JPG IMG_3475[1].JPG IMG_3476[1].JPG IMG_3446[1].JPG

2. Ah, good old Dave Rayner. Back in the day he helpfully explained to me how Yamaha XT500 pistons can be easily modified to fit an overbored Pantah; the Yam pistons are also cheaper, and have better piston rings.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I think they are still there - please telephone Colin on the number in the original post

5. Cheers, I sent a text and phoned the number, but alas no reply. Will try again tomorrow, I have speedlines but they have corrosion and a crack or two, not sure if they can be repaired.

6. What do you want for the taillight. ?

7. Not my stuff, Rod

If interested in any of the above/below, please call Colin on:
    Zero Seven 821 9 Zero 455 Nine

Or if you prefer, PM me and I'll give you his email address

8. It was definitely Yamaha XT500 pistons - I still have the boxes they came in, marked Yamaha. The Pantah alloy barrels were bored out until they became muffs fitted over 900 bevel steel liners, which were then bored out until they fitted the pistons. The bottoms of the liners had to be machined to clear the crank, and the tops machined to fit the cylinder head registers. The pistons needed both the skirts and the crowns modifying a little for clearance. The crankcase mouths also had to be opened out a little to fit the bottoms of the (now larger) barrels.
    87mm x 61.5 mm x 2 = 731cc.

#8 Pete1950, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  9. The black and gold pair of wheels are definitely FPS, as you rightly say Steve.

10. The other are oscams .

11. The other are oscams .

12. He had a pair of CMAs for sale as well, hence they were listed - I think they've been sold to someone on this forum

13. FYI this picture shows one FPS (left) and one OSCAM (right):

IMAG0284.jpg

14. You could be right , hard one to pick and only four bolt

Do Not Sell My Personal Information