1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcmotor Castelloni

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by kartman, May 7, 2017.

1. Just back from Parcmotor after 3 great days on the 1198SP, took a chance going with less established TDO Circuit Moto but they were very professional and well organised, I wouldn't hesitate going with them in the future, pretty sure we didn't have any red flags either.
    All sessions were transponder timed and riders re grouped if necessary after day one and two, times only available to riders from the internet at the end of each day, bizarrley I posted my best time late on the first day. Weather was warm and sunny, bit windy on the last day which didn't help with direction changes!
    Great circuit (apart from some bumpy sections), be rude not to return :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Small world; I got back from Parcmotor last Sunday after a 3-day weekend with No Limits! It's a great track isn't it but those bumps at the end of the back straight can catch you out on braking! :grin:
    Like the sound of the transponders and regrouping as we were in inters which meant a lot of traffic to overcome (though it made you feel good overtaking...)

I will check out Circuit Moto - haven't come across them before. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. We had transponders fitted on the nolimits trip!
    They moved 41 people after day one.

4. Just Google imaged the place....Makes Portimao look flat! :Woot:

5. I can't speak highly enough of this track. Portimao was my favourite track but Parcmotor is on a par in my eyes.
    The only reason I would prefer Portimao is that the resort/hotel is better.

6. Really? We were posting 2 mins flat through the traffic of inters and weren't moved up. Best we managed was 1m 58s on the Sunday. From what we were timing of the blue group this would have put us easily in top half so wonder why we weren't moved? Oh well, had a cracking weekend anyway and agree that the track is a corker.

7. Did you fit the white plastic thing on your bike with the numbers on? That was the transponder.
    The times were pretty close through the group on the first two days and on day one blue group ranged from 2.04 to 2.14 with the orange group 1.56 to 2.06.
    Not sure what the spread was on the other two days but me and my two mates were doing 2.01s on the last day.
    We just waited for everyone to go first and then had a play with pretty clear laps.
    I know there were a couple of lads in the silver group doing 1.58s on the last day on the R1M and the Red Panigale.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Like you Portimao was my favourite track, still think I prefer it over Parcmotor though, mainly due to the bumps under heavy braking into turns 6 and 7 and of course the hotel/resort.

9. Circuit Moto used the same system, you should be able to view all your lap times at ontime.bike I was transponder P55741 at Parcmotor 04/05/2017, best time of 1.55.608, not too shabby for a sextagenarian :tearsofjoy:. Lap record of 1.44.058 was set by someone :frowning:.

#9 kartman, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. That'll be me (Panigale) and my step-bro (R1M). Wasn't aware they were transponders - bugger!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thanks Kartman, gonna check out that site now....

12. 1.55 was a good time you could become a Nolimits instructor. :wink:
    1.44 must have looked impressive.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Is your step brother from Worksop? I was talking to a guy with an R1M at the bike pick up and he was doing 1.58 in silver group.

14. Forgot to say, that's a cracking time - not sure where I could have found 2.5 seconds without unhooking the brain and going all out! :confounded: 1.44 is just crazy!

For anyone who hasn't seen the track, here's some footage me and the step-bro recorded on the final session - not the fastest as we just wanted to nurse ourselves home, it was more playful....:smiley:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah, that's Dave - my brother from another mother! :upyeah:

16. Small world shame we didn't all catch up over there. You were both noticeably quicker than the rest of the group and people kept commenting on how you should have been moved up at least one group.

17. Oh well, just means we have to go and do it all again.... Agreed, shame we didn't bump into each other in the bar - we were the ones propping it up each night so hard to miss...:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information