1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Part Numbers Don't Match

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by DanSS600, Jan 4, 2021.

1. I thought I got a bargain silencer marked ZDM A11 to match the one on the bike but the link to the headers isn't the same. Is it possible to swap the link from one to the other or will it have to be cut and welded? DSC_0517.JPG DSC_0516.JPG

2. Memory faded, but does the tail end show 3 rivets? EDIT just answered my own question:-

[​IMG]

lovely exhaust system, best one for a 400/600, still got a whole system in my loft but I remember this is before they used stainless so main pipe could be rotting away now.

see link below:-

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/split-sl-exhausts.80905/

#2 Chris, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  3. ZDM-A11 isn't a part number. ZDM is Ducati' manufacturer code (it's present in the VIN and engine number for instance). If memory serves me right, A11 is a compliance code for the exhaust assembly.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks, I will drill the rivets and see if l can separate the internals.

5. Dan, not to put you off, but its a pretty tricky job dissasembling due to dissimilar metal corrosion. Start with the rivets, I'd get some plus gas to help loosen it first around the joins at both ends, let it soak.

6. OK, thanks for the advice. The one I bought on Ebay looks like it's never been fitted, it still has a price label on it for 920 euros. I hope the fact it hasn't been used will make dismantling easier.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information