1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Parts Manual 1999my

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by West Cork Paul, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Hi,
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for a parts manual for the 1999MY please? I've a copy of the 2001 version, courtesy of Ducati.com, but that's as far back as they go and having searched this forum and used good old Google everything seems to stop at 2000. I know the part numbers will 95%+ be the same but I've had a couple of instances where they are different numbers.
    TIA,
    Paul

2. go to ducati.com, click on the lines top left corner, dealers and service, ducati spare parts, enter your model and year in the drop down boxes, they are there..

3. Thanks, but did that already. They only go back as far as 2001 which is where I got my version from.

4. OK.

What parts or part are you looking for?

5. I was going to ask the same. :)

6. Oil pressure switch. I already had an instance where the ‘vis speciale’ wasnt the right part number. Basically the sheer bolt on the mirror fixing to the fairing sub frame. If I need to order another oil pressure switch, as I suspect mine is syspect. I want to make sure it’s the right fit as I hear later ones are a different length.

7. Bugger, not one I know the answer to I'm afraid :-(

8. They’re all the same. If you’re running a very early pressure switch, with a spade terminal (doubtful on a 99) it will supercede to the later plastic type anyhow. No change in thread pitch.
    Mirror screw is the same across all years from 94 until 2002 on the 998. Changed for 749/999 though

9. CE83B030-8F72-4078-A5B9-65CEE0029DA2.jpeg
    Thanks Nelly, it’s what I think you refer to as the plastic type of connector. There’s a picture of it here, full of water, which is what I thought may have been the problem but it’s not. As soon as I get an oil pressure gauge I’ll check it out. Thanks again for your advice.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information