1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Passenger On The Panigale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Simon Gray, May 31, 2017.

1. As I've kept the rear pegs on for now, was thinking of taking the Mrs on a short trip on the 959, only out for brunch but wondered if anyone had any experience. Shes been on the back of my other bikes the worst being the GSXR600 but just wondered as it doesnt look overly comfortable to me lol!

2. Never bothered with pillions on either of my panigales

Just look at that seat lol!

3. I know...lol it doesnt look good! We usually trundle out on the CB400 but i've decided to pull that apart!

4. Does she like having her knees around her ears? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Couple of things worth getting -

Sticky seat cover thing, forget what the brand is
    Grab handles that go round your waist for her to hold on to

I used to have the girl on the back and she straight up fell off one time before I had those things. It's not fun for the rider or passenger but it' entirely doable. The key is to realise how vulnerable she is and accelerate and brake as slowly and smoothly as possible. So much so that she now has her own bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. She has long legs.. so yep.. ha ha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Many thanks.. yes shes been on the back a few times of bikes with me but struggled on the GSXR600 as it was such an aggressive seating.. I ride slowly and she leans in well it was just under braking down hills she would slip forward.. it was fine for 40 mins to go to the coast and doable if we work together.. but wondered how bad the Panigale might be..! the seat is very grippy but she is tall so looks cramped.

Perhaps we take the car... have brunch and then I'll bugger off with the boys for a cuppa in the afternoon lol!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Be safer to bikeski off the back on rollerskates.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yep definitely the grippy pillion seat cover, more to stop her from sliding off her perch and on to your seat when you go near the brakes. Like said before having a pillion is doable but not a pleasurable experience. My missus is slim and it's bad enough, if you've got a big heifer for you're other half forget it. :)

10. Ha ha, cool thanks nope she is slim just quite tall, I dont ride like an idiot, if I ever scared her and she lost trust she would never ride with me and we have some classic rides planned in the summer with are a lot of fun. I guess we ride up the road and stop and see how it goes.. but yes any braking downhill even lightly meant she would slide and so I'm holding her weight, the braking and trying to control the bike as well so quite tiring

11. Yeah braking is tough on the wrists.

12. I take my twin daughters (10yr olds) out on the back, one at a time of course!
    I find it ok with them on but you notice it a lot when braking. Don't think I would want to go any long distance with an adult on the back though

13. Thanks all for the feedback, most helpful, I might stick with us riding the CB400F together.. I'll pop her on the back for a run up the road as she is keen to hear it but we will take the car I think and enjoy breakfast!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think the worst bit is when they start shuffling about trying to get back onto their perch after slipping forward. It's usually when you've had to stop and are trying to set off again. Can be quite unsettling for both rider and bike.

15. Absolutely spot on! so I'm not the only one..

16. i got the 1299 fit a comfort rear seat my wife said it was best seat she had on my bikes had 4 gsxr1000 before the 1299

17. Some pillions like to have one hand around you and one on the tank for braking forces

#18 Old rider, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  18. I had my rear pegs took off at the dealers so they didnt have to cut the akra heatsheild... i wanted to take pillions id buy another bike.. prob why im single lol ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information