1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Passenger Seat Pod Flew Off

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bananaman, May 20, 2018.

1. This is the 2nd time in 3 years that the passenger seat pod has just randomly flew off and bounced accross the tarmac whilst on a ride out. 1st time cost me £100 to have it re-sprayed, just going to live with he stratches this time until I can come up with a better securing method.

Has anyone had any issues with theres? Possible re-engineered the locking mechanism?

I normally give the seat pod a good bash to secure it and leave it there all season, looks like it is vibrating loose.

2. Not had this happen with any bike. Have you considered tethering it to the bike with a thin retaining wire so that if it comes loose it does not escape?

3. It happened on my 1199 also. I believe it's purely down to the mechanism not engaging properly. Cost me £140 IIRC as I had no idea where mine went! :confused:

4. Happened on a fireblade I once had. Purely down to not fixing the seat down properly.

Once you’ve done it once you will make sure it’s clicked in properly so it doesn’t happen again.

5. Done it with a top box. Didn’t engage the thing properly. Got all the way through the village, until I reached the first straight. Gunned it and heard a mighty crash. One top box, utterly ruined.

6. Happened on my 899. Then I zip tied it on so if it can loose again at least it wouldn't get damaged.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Yep, lost it off my 1199. No idea where it went.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information