1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul Smart Le Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by bigredduke, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Appreciate this only of interest to a few on the forum. I have 2 bikes on the policy with Ducati Insurance (Monster 1100 Evo & aforementioned PS). Bearing in mind the market value of the latter appears to be rising, I decided to increase the insured value to £20,000 (from £14,000). This had the effect of increasing my excess from £200 to £1000 which seems excessive if you will pardon the pun. I can insure the £1000 excess for £47 which I suppose is not that bad but increases my premium by 21% (£217+£47). Any views or comments welcome.

2. My Exige was insured last year for £30K but I didn't notice it's meteoric rise in value until the local race prep shop who service it told me. Now pushing £60K! I did an on line check and was surprised the quotes only went up about £60 with the same Excess.
    Trouble with multi bike policies is you can't do an easy compare on any of the web sites. My renewal is up soon so I will see if things are still the same soon!

3. I suppose bikes are easier to nick than cars hence the increase in the excess?

4. Not sure really, mine has old fashioned push button locks and no tracker fitted. Alarmed Garage obviously...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information