1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul Smart

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by XH558, Apr 1, 2018.

1. DSCN4473[1].JPG First day of the season on the Smart. A bit nippy and damp, with a lot of debris on the roads - bit of an April Fool maybe?
    This is one of only 2000 made to celebrate Paul Smart’s Imola 200 race victory in 1972. I bought this in 2016 from a nice gent in Suffolk who also had a Norton Dominator SS. So far I have loved it. It is certainly a different riding experience from what I’m used to.
    The unusual thing about this bike is that I have noticed a trend that people seem to chase me down the road with curiosity and grab me at the petrol pumps. This may be a testament to Ducati’s styling department or may be there are just too few around.

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Or they think you're Kiera Knightley :heart_eyes:

hqdefault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. I'll keep my eyes open for a smart, seeing as your local to me. Just in case you've got Kiera's rear end. I'm not fussy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. but i am!;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Thats why I always check the front too. Just in case. It'll be Morecombe 84 all over again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. BLOODY lovely

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thread moved. Are you deliberately posting threads in the wrong section? This is about the 5th time I've had to move your threads to the correct section in the past few days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. So Sorry,,i don't know where to load up threads:blush::blush::blush::blush:but i think you're find it's only two in total

9. After #3235 posts you don't know where to post a thread?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Yes that is correct as nobody shows you around the site you have to guesswork:(

11. i've just looked again at the instructions,,this time i will get it right sir:upyeah:

#11 XH558, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You normally only move them if they are in the right place - great improvement dude :cool::upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. For sale, Ducati Scrambler, 72,000 careful miles (never exceeded 115mph) £22,000 ono, tel 118118

2F69C052-B2C1-4969-9C81-ADFD6BC0316C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Saw one in the flesh today at Goodwood, lovely bike!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Do you wear your bikini when you ride your bike?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. @XH558 , That’s stunning! You’re spoiled for choice choosing which bike to ride out! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Quote”The unusual thing about this bike is that I have noticed a trend that people seem to chase me down the road with curiosity and grab me at the petrol pumps”.
    I have that with the Honda (ref Avatar), at first it was enjoyable but after the 20th time it started to wear a bit thin!, at the TT I ended up doing a runner as soon as I got off it, not ungrateful for the attention but it does tend to be the same questions/compliments every time :), your Paul Smart looks great btw, shame (for me) they’ve risen in price so much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. It's probably down to your wit and charm displayed here on the forum that people grab you by the pumps!
    :)
    Lovely bike by the way, if you ever consider selling let me know.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. There is a bike trader in Yorkshire that had a few paul smart bikes, at least 3 at the same time from memory, not the nicest of people goes under a different name than he did on ebay presumably he got bad press and changed names, he had a desmo too, and probably every other flash bike you can imagine, he has done well out of bikes lives in one of the most desirable parts of ilkley, which makes ripping me for £15 seem more sad, talk about getting blood out of a stone....bike traders, horse traders, whatever traders all the same, I delivered plenty of bikes for him even letting him put money in my bank that I withdrew down tounton to purchase a bike and bring back....some people never appreciate other people, yet they get the big house and all the trimmings...might have been 4 paul smarts at the same time looked impressive lined up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Goes by a ladies name on Ebay now I think :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information