1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay for a TV Licence Even if You Don't Have a TV!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie Tea, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Of course they do :rolleyes:

2. Regardless of what form the TV license takes, I'm still going to pay it because I like the stuff the BBC puts out. I listen to their radio, read their website, my kids will use their GCSE education materials when the time comes as I did a decade ago and I'll continue to watch great BBC TV shows that are more often than not better than the crap some of the other channels put out. I probably watch more BBC than any other channel despite paying a further £50 a month to Sky.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The logic of the BBC's excuse seems a little odd to me. They are putting content on the web so it is free for all to see whenever they want and then saying that because its available to everyone then all of the British public have to pay for a licence. Trouble is it's also available to the rest of the world but I'm not sure how the BBC will collect the licence fee from the good citizens of Moscow ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Where's Funky haven't heard from him in a while

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's not available to the rest of the world without some skullduggery. Although it isn't hard to access.

6. You cant view BBC i player online from a non UK isp unless you find a way around it. Certainly whenever I have tried on hols it wont let me

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. He's away on an extended "How to win friends and influence people" course.

• Like Like x 2
  8. T
    There's a good 'how to' on Pistonheads -computer, gadgets section etc.

9. Got bullied and ran away, I mean, not like he loved to dish out insults and opinions as if they were fact, eh

10. *ahem* a firefox add-on called hola

11. Is one way.......

12. Use ipad fellas, laptops so last century..

13. Funky is still lurking but in disguise so I have heard ;).

14. I agree with paying a license fee for stuff you want to watch, what I don't agree with is being made to pay a fee without choice because that's simply a tax which I have absolutely no say in how the money gets spent

It's quite simple in today's modern age to restrict viewing to those with a code or login

I'd actually be quite happy with not paying for the BBC full coverage and only part pay for on demand, if that's not an option they are welcome to cut off my access full stop

They make some ok stuff , top gear being one but I am rather over paying for just that

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Just get the film on app from the AppStore gazillions of TV channels including all the UK ones and it's free.

16. hes not with…….no i can't say…you know the other bloke that went missing?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. TT600 Any chance of a link. There are 2500 posts to scroll through!

18. funky's the man, he has a good sense of humor, enjoyed his posts,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ... especially his very funny spoof posts about TV licensing.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information