1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay To List In Classifieds.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by ducati dad, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How can it be that you can list a near on £8k watch in the non bike stuff for sale but have to pay a £5 fee to list in the bikes or parts sections no matter the value of the item?

Classifieds should be free to all, or pay to list everything.

2. The fee for selling bikes is to stop people just joining and selling a bike and buggering off again.

Other stuff to be sold tends to be sold by long standing members.

HTH

3. But not always the case though.

You are making long standing members pay to sell bikes or bike stuff.

How about removing selling privileges to new members, up until they reach 50 posts or so.

If you argue that you will get 50 nonsense posts from them to be able to sell, long members post more than that weekly with drivel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Not really.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We did that. Didn't work.

If you don't want to pay £5 to sell a bike and help towards the upkeep of the forum that is your prerogative. You are welcome to use eBay (*other sales websites are available) and pay their fees. I am sure you will find that they charge more than £5. :)

6. £5 to a Ducati rider is like 20-50p to the great unwashed. ....pay up ye tight git.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Not sure what the middle ground is on this. In the time I've been a part of the forum it seems to me that quite a significant proportion of what gets advertised never sells on the forum so why would you pay to advertise. The downside is that the one specific part you are searching for is now unlikely to be offered on here. The upside is that it will bring in much needed funds to support the future of the forum which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. The free exchange of technical and product knowledge is world class. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Think it's stingy myself. Contribution can be far more than money.

If you get above say 100 posts you should be able to sell foc imho.

But then I rarely subscribe to anything. Not sue if that makes me tight or not, but when I meet people I'm normally the first in the queue buying coffee for others and last to take a free sarnie ;)

9. I prefer to give stuff away

10. Is there a place to find out what the income to the forum is, with regards to advertising revenue, subscriber fees etc? To know that much needed funds are required.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I think you should have to pay per post......then get a small rebate for each like....might reduce some of the dross on here.:Angelic:.

Perhaps a handicap system to reduce your posts per day depending on your receipt and use of Nukes....a bit like the un and sanctions. :Watching:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Why don't you start a website and find out? :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. That's very magnanimous of you. I applaud your sense of community and social ideals :)

14. There are only two subscribers in this thread:Angelic:.....and one of them is a staff member!:Shifty:

15. I'm watching and I'm a subscriber well worth £5 to buy my friends ;) :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. In gser uk you can go into the for sale section which includes the marque, spares, none marque , general items etc and you will see the title of the item for sale. When you then click on the title, it will not allow you to see further but a small paragraph comes up basically saying you cannot see any further in this section unless you are a subscriber, My subscription ran out recently but it was £12 per year

Some forums allow free access, some don't

17. It's the usual problem.

Some folks turn up to sell something because it's free and easy to post an ad here, someone really wants that something ... useful service, all good, everyone wins.

Other folks turn up to sell something, no one wants it, it's a bit of a nuisance to have people turn up only to sell stuff ... not so good, no one wins.

We can't have it both ways so which way do we want it? I have no answer to that question but the question itself might be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'll take it :Angelic:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. That would stop that little oik the Chiz, could charge £1 per Nuke, he would owe the Forum £millions :Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  20. If we subscribe then will it make blocking the admins posts work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information