1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peak District Recommendations

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SP4S, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Hi All
    I’m riding down from Scotland (Lanark) this Saturday on my GS and was hoping to stay the night in Peak District, Matlock/Buxton region and get out for a walk as I’m hoping to be there for about 2/3 o’clock.
    Any recommendations where would be good to stay for a quick trek out into the countryside.
    Inda

2. You the same Inda from GS forum?

Mam Tor is a nice walk, Owler Tor and Stanage Edge too. Kinder Scout is the big draw I guess. Hathersage and Castleton have lovely spaces to explore and some caves if you’re into that sort of thing.

3. Yes I am the same Tosser
    Thanks for the recommendations I will google tonight and see if I can get a decent B&B for the night. Hope the weather is better on Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Birdie is your man in Bakewell.

5. Thanks mate. How quickly can I get put into the countryside from these places? I intend to walk and leave my GS in the car park.

6. Bakewell is quite central to good walks, Chatsworth is 3 or 4 miles away, Haddon Hall 2 miles away there's also a disused railway with long walks.
    Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information