1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peaks And Matlock And Unwanted Camera

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by CINNABULL, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Out with a couple of mates on Sunday on their Diavel and Multi. Headed for Castleton where we met some dodgy guys clearly being led astray by non other than our own El Toro, he had already managed to lose 3 of his group !!!. Hey good to see ya again anyways fella, long time between drinks.

Off to Matlock where Dave on his Diavel had a close encounter with a sheep, no you dirty minded gits, one was crossing the road in a very leisurely manner, bordering on jaywalking actually. Anyway parking was at a premium so we ended up on the pavement, no one seemed to mind. Obigatory Fish n Chips before heading back home.

And thats where it all went boobs up. Came out of a bend on the A6 and we spot an unholy one in his van with the camera pointed in our direction. The Brembos were all applied with force instantly, and we now wait anxiously to see if the dreaded letter drops through our letterboxes within the next fortnight. Anyway good day out with good guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuart

#1 CINNABULL, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. nice rides

• Like Like x 1
  3. It was good to see you too Stu. And Dave and Marc too :)

I got a message yesterday from one of the guys we lost apologising for not managing to keep up and then going the wrong way at Bamford. I told him not to be so daft, and next time I’d tone it down a bit so we’d not lose them again :p

That’s the trouble with the Panigale……..it makes you go quickly ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I still prefer the roads round N Wales Tez. Less traffic on the whole. Them pedal pushers are a bloody nightmare on the narrow bits. The tops have been spoiled with them average speed cams now as well. See you again soon I hope before the bike gets tucked away for the winter
    Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matlock... venturing into my home turf, some good roads around here without average speed cameras - Derbyshire Police to actually publicise which roads the cameras will be for the following 2 weeks (I think). Mind that list covers half of Derbyshire but at least you know where they shouldn't be! Hope you don't get a ticket....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice pictures. I take it you’ve not developed the technique to reach round and stick your hand over the number plate yet?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I avoid honey pots as it involves too much risk from plod for minor infringements it sucks the joy out riding a motorcycle for me. Haven’t been to Matlock or it’s surrounding area for well above 20 years now on a motorcycle and can’t say I miss the experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nice assortment of bins especially the ones in jail :D

• Like Like x 1

9. Would you believe me if I said I got them ones just for you Ducbird,

nah I didnt think so

Stuart

#9 CINNABULL, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. I should hope you did :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've been doing the peaks for the last few months, not my usual stomping ground as we usually head to N. Wales.

However, it's been a breath of fresh air for a change, and moving to a supernaked for the road it has opened up a whole new set of roads that are far less travelled by many and certainly no plod or speed cameras so far.

Of course the Cat & Fiddle and a few roads nearby have average cameras on, but you cannot blame them given the amount of accidents/deaths that were occuring, the C&F was never one of my go to roads fortunately, lots of better IMO roads close by, just have to pootle at 50 if I want to stop at the pub/gin bar now, which is normally 2 miles or so the way I come in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just a quick update, and yeah I know its late. None of us got any unwanted mail relating to previously mentioned camera. I think we dodged a bullet there, and promise never to break the speed limit again

Stuart

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information