1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pembroke To Birmingham

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, May 30, 2019.

1. I'm going to see my parents some time next month as I've not seen them since Feb and I'm probably going take the bike (although my Mum will have a fit). A quick check on AA route planner, avoiding motorways shows:
    Pembroke > Carmarthen >Llandeilo > Llandovery > Llanwrytd Wells > Llandrindod Wells > Knighton > Ludlow > Bridgnorth > Wolverhampton > Sutton Coldfield - 168 miles, 4hrs 21mins non stop, so say 6 hrs:neutral:
    However, I don't know the area or the roads, when in the car we use the motorways.

Route suggestions and stopping points are welcome.
    TIA.

2. I would probably go slightly south of that through Brecon, Talgarth, Leominster and Kidderminster, but that’s because I know that route better from when I was a lad.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks, I was also looking at Brecon, Hay-on-Wye, Leominster, Tenbury Wells, Kidderminster, then through central Brum to Sutton Coldfield.
    Just really after the best roads with decent stop off points for coffee/fuel/other bikers. I reckon my first stop will be Llandovery and Owl's Nest.

4. You can get cough medicine for that :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I needed something after just saying it in my head and writing it!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information