1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance Bikes Rip

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wassy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Got a letter with my mag this month saying that the January edition of PB will be the last. Practical Sportsbikes will include all the best bits of PB.
    I was thinking of cancelling my subscription anyway tbh as it has got pretty stale lately.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Thanks for the info.
    I was going to ask Santa for a subscription as I was finding it difficult to buy in shops...shan’t bother now!
    Pity.

3. That explains why I’ve not been able to buy it locally. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Subscribe to Readly, or do like I did and convince the mrs too. Most bike magazines are on it also mcn 4 or 5 people can use 1 subscription.

5. Aah, borrox! That's a shame, it was my fave bike mag. How come? Internet killed another magazine?

6. I wonder if it’s still going to be available digitally?
    Used to be a brilliant mag, I’ve still got copies from the mid 80’s, god knows why!!
    I’ve just looked at the Readly site and it looks like a good option.
    £7.99/month for unlimited magazines, I pay £6.99 for Guitarist mag alone, I still like having the printed version but it seems they’re going to be a thing of the past.
    Bit like me I suppose!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. It will be a separate section within Practical Sportsbikes mag.

Lots about it on the PBmagforum website. People not buying enough copies to make it viable on its own it seems.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Sadly, MCN won't be on Readly after the New Year. I had an email from them to tell me.

9. Because Newbigging.

10. Tip: subscribe to Front End Chatter podcast... it's Simon Hargreaves and Martin Fitzgibbons. It's a good listen.

I'm sad about PB, I'd have rather seen Fast Bikes go to the wall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I talked to the advertising department on Friday (they rang me) and I discussed swapping my ad from Practical Sportsbikes back to Performance bikes from January as I got a better hit rate, he said he'd call me back in January to sort it o_O

12. I prefer Bike magazine:)

13. I preferred the Green un.

14. Bloody internet!! Nothing like having a good mag in your hand for a read whilst sat on the thunderbox.
    Readers wives and tractor monthly are still available on the shelf
    In the spar I see though

15. I cancelled my subscription to bike a couple of months ago, as I don't read more than half of it usually...

16. Exactly! It's a sad state of affairs when we're all reading our phones on the khazi. Err, guilty btw :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I think Fast Bikes adapted to the digital age better, they’ve got a YouTube channel with 21,000 subscribers. By YouTube standard that’s a drop in the ocean but it’s 21k more than PB.

18. Doing it right now. Reading my
    Phone that is lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information