1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Performance Figures

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Nov 26, 2017.

1. I wonder?

I haven’t seen anything yet other than horse power and torque claims.. what do we reckon for top speed & quarter mile times?

0-100 etc etc?

I’d imagine if it’s a true 214 bhp (although I’m seeing 211 a lot now?) It should crack 200 or so..

The 1299’s will do 190 odd, I’ve had 191 out of mine but I think the book figure is 193 or something.

Curious of people’s thoughts?

Sadly the more I’m looking at the v4 the less I like it, I’m going to wait for the new bmw and have booked a test ride on the new rsv4 rf as well

#1 Advikaz, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. I'd prefer to see back to back lap time comparisons to gauge what the differences are in the real world. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1.5 seconds around mugello ‘apparently’

• Like Like x 1
  4. The engine design manager who spoke at the Ducati VIP evening at the NEC reckoned it was 1.5 seconds a lap faster round Mugello than the 1299 didn't he?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mk2 superleggera has more power then v4, so I read at the bike show.

6. Will be hugely embarrassing for Ducati if and when someone throws one on a dyno and it ‘only makes’ 185-190 horse power real world.

When you think some healthy bmw’s make that already as does the new rsv.

Not saying that isn’t enough, but they’ve built a lot of hype up regarding their horse power claims

7. 1299 is 215hp at 11000rpm with EU4 exhaust. Can't find figures for the SL race exhaust (for the moment) but the big difference is the torque, SL 108 which is better than the V4. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Base/S/SP V4 is 214hp and 92 lbft with EU4 exhuast. Not bad for £50,000 less don't you think ? Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Does anyone really buy a bike purely using performance figures as a guide? Surely the only barometer for a bike you buy is how it makes you feel personally?
    If it makes you feel like a Motogp rider then great but the last time i looked there were no prizes for having a road bike that has better performance figures than any other.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. According to my dealer many have put money down on the v4 because of its power figures...

11. I'm guessing around 210 RWHP with the race system on it.

Beastly :upyeah:

12. There is no road in the UK where you can make good use of 200+ bhp. Not unless you enjoy prison food and dropping the soap in the shower that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. My 1198 has a mere 170bhp and that's to much for the road tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. What's that got to do with Superbikes?

15. Yeah I agree

I’ll be using mine on track as well as the road.

My point was never that it isn’t enough power, my point was we all know what Ducati are like with power claims. And there’s been some chatter that the interest is largely because of the power claims..

16. Horsepower and performance sells superbikes. No one will part with their wad on a bike that is slower on the quarter or lap time or top end or whatever than the last model.

....I do think that the God of horsepower is a false prophet that ultimately does not lead to enlightenment. There will always be a bigger/faster/better model along in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love the continual raising of the performance bar.....but.....

As you say, how a bike makes you feel is the ultimate measure.....

17. Anything more than 60bhp is too much for the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  18. Yes and anything more than the first inch isn't needed but you still want a big dick :cool:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. I don't want one. I already have one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Size is relative. You might think you are big until someone comes along and gives you an inferiority complex :eek:. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information