1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Blower, Good Tool

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Mark9, Nov 4, 2018.

1. got this pet blower for drying my bikes after washing, excellent tool, very powerful blast and red hot air on highest setting, great for drying smear free panels and getting water out of recesses, need to take care around wheel bearings so that water isn’t blown in but for £42.95 it’s terrific, bike has never looked so clean.

E3912EF7-02C9-4BCF-BA18-1BE8353F9673.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. i have the same one for amazon for a massive £1 less, free next day delivery for prime members too. i love the thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you haven't got a dog why waste money
    I have a draper hot air gun. Not only would It dry my bike if I was that way inclined you can also plastic weld with it and many other things

4. How hot are they compared to the wife's hair drier?

5. They are a great piece of kit. It's more the high air flow that makes them effective, rather than the heat. Mine has adjustable speed and heat settings.

6. Please don’t try to dry your bike with a hot air gun, it’ll strip the paint off ! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. i was waiting for the 'how did this happen, i was only drying my bike' post

8. I was thinking if it would help take the edge off the murder room and bake the clear coat.

9. Reminds me of the time I washed my best suit in a cement mixer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ......or try to dry your pooch with one, for that matter. o_O

11. Really!
    It's got a dial on the back that takes the heat through 10 settings from nearly cold to very hot

12. These pet dryers will have a lot more air flow than a hot air gun and will be a lot safer to put near your bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh yeh it will even dry a dog if I had one

14. I have one for my dogs. They're called 'Blasters'. They're VERY powerful. First time I used it I had to go next door to get my dog back from over the fence. Oh...and don't get it too near their arseholes either. Makes their eyes spin.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. My mates dad is called Pete Blowers. Does that count?

16. anyway, the thing is as Robarano said it’s the blast of air that does 95% of the water removal, if you’ve ever used an air line to blow things down it’s equivalent to that but with more flow (and heat), trying to use a hairdryer or heat gun on a low setting would be very slow and tedious , if you haven’t seen one in action it’s probably hard to imagine how well it works but by the magic of YouTube....
    (Note this guy takes 8 minutes to get to the point, might be worth
    using fast forward!)
    P.S. he’s talking about wiping the bike down first, absolutely no need, also he’s blowing water into the bike, a bit more care with how you angle the jet of air avoids this.

#16 Mark9, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Awesome bit of kit, I purchased one earlier in the year for using on my S1000rr, bike equivalents are over £100, pet ones around £40-£50!

Used a few times on the Panigale which I find an easier bike to clean.

The comment above about why waste money etc use a heat gun.....the mind boggles sometimes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I bought a pet blow thing too. Surprisingly powerful. Great for '''blow' football on the garage floor. :D

20. Clears leaves off the drive as well I just discovered, I recon a double camp bed inflation will be sub 10 seconds :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information