1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pete Boast Flat Track School Mega Day Out

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Brilliant day in Lincolnshire yesterday, can't wait to go back, cannot emphasise enough how much faster it feels and how physically demanding I found it, learned so much, the patience shown by the instructors I never felt pressured considering I'm new back on a bike again, everbody benefited from yesterday, one other thing it doesn't look a big arena but it feels plenty big, if it's good enough for Hickman, plater, Martin, boast etc etc honestly 100% recommend this no matter what your level...smiles everywhere.

IMG_2264.PNG

IMG_2265.PNG

IMG_2266.PNG

IMG_2267.PNG

• Like Like x 8
  2. I'm buzzing 22 months ago I was in a wheelchair cruising round Leeds general infirmary for 7 weeks, I'm fully aware my recovery from a stroke is partly due to the fact I wasn't as badly affected as so many others who have strokes, I'm eternally grateful for been given a chance to get back to relative normality, I am and have taken the chance I am hitting it, pushing it, I want to encourage and help others, light can appear at the end of the tunnel.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Brilliant :)
    Being positive is the way

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thank you

5. It looks like fun. Which one are you in the pics they guy rolling around the deck or the one taking a leak in yellow gloves? LOL. Maybe I will find sometime to have a go in summer myself.

Sounds like you have made a strong recovery from your stroke, always great to read good news.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. You had a crowd in... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. excellent stuff mate!!
    Never done proper flat track as such but back in my motox days we'd most weekends hit a forest near mine, ride through it to a 26 mile long beach, set up a few sticks to make an oval and spend ages tearing it up.
    great fun and hard work!
    good to see ya getting out there.
    its gotta help with ya confidence and balance no end...
    getting the back wheel nearly overtaking the front is awesome also!

• Like Like x 2
  8. The faller unfortunately:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. They came to see my triple salko

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. :) mega fun so physical too

11. go hard or go home! You have to find ya limits... Or did you crash every corner!?

12. I crashed 5 or 6 times, lucky I bought a mx helmet on Friday as it took a belt I was going to use my arai spencer rep ... phew

13. as long as you did more than 2 laps, 5 or six crashes ain't bad.. Ask Cal Crutchlow

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I made crutchlow look like a weeball (weeballs wobble but they don't fall down) it's an age thing you had to there to get that :)

15. Mates and I came up from Devon and did an evening with Pete Boast then went a did Mablethorpe beach race. That was an eye opener.
    He's a great bloke, amazing how much grip you can find on clay, with normal tires. Bit of a trek but would love to do it again.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I occasionally found grip :) ...I'm keen enough to want to get a crf 125 so I can go practice at the school, i just feel really suited and would like to learn, top bloke is pete and the other two instructors on the day.

17. Personally I found it to be handling highsides.
    You should look into Mablethorpe beach race. Once your a member it's £15 a meeting. 2 meetings a month, October to March. Great friendly bunch of guys.
    Honestly if I lived within 2 hours it would be my perfect winter bike fix.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looks a huge blast. How much is it to do?

19. That's a great tip, I know the sand is a bugger on bikes and as I only have my house to store in it could be tricky i.e. Maintenance, cleaning etc...went to Weston beach race a couple of times really enjoyed the weekend.

20. Was £159 with bike, tuition, pub lunch really nice spread, pizza, sandwiches, chips etc etc I mean really nice food not normal buffet shite, also the pub is owned by a fella who is mad on bikes, an ex roger Marshell race bike in a cabinet and walls coated in framed cadwell pictures, they really love bikes in Lincolnshire it seems, guy martins pub is nearby, if you get a a crf you can go practice for £35 about 3 hours inc track time, or hire one of petes then it's £80 or £85 for 3 hours, search out champions flat track school website, plus a fair bit on YouTube including Connor Cummins and Carl fogarty doing flat track, it's mega fun, I'll be back very soon.

#20 Dirty Leeds, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information