1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peterborough Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by andyeod, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Anyone had any issues with Peterborough Ducati, I bought a 15 plate 1299s with 4000 miles from them in January and loved the bike until i went to Skye with a few mates at the end of March. On the way up there i was following a fellow rider whose bike ran through some standing water on the road creating some mist, as i went through the mist produced ( and it wasn't that much) the bike started shuddering and running rough as if it was running on one cylinder.

Eventually this cleared and we continued on our merry way, next morning the bike wouldn't start just turning over the conditions were damp so i called a local recovery company and we eventually got it started but it when it did start it sounded like the day before and this eventually cleared, I had to ride back by myself as the others had left 2 hours before.

The bike handled fine and ran ok until i got to Glen Coe and while following a car it produced spray and the same thing happened again. I contacted Peterborough Ducati and told them what had happened and was told by some salesman who had just started ( after he got advice from someone who had been there longer than him) that it was probably the fuel contaminated with water, I told him everyone filled up at the same stations and they had on issues and why did it only happen when a spray of water was present.

They had sold the bike with a "Gold Standard Warranty" which was as much use as chocolate fireguard, one of the senior salesman tried fobbing me off saying there was nothing they could do so i contacted the branch manager who after a few weeks had promised to get it fixed.

Eventually the bike was picked up by A2B bike couriers in June and after exhaustive testing they couldn't find any problem with the bike. they returned the bike back in August via A2B again.

I washed the bike 2 days after i got it back and low and behold when i tried to start it the same issue arose, I contacted Peterborough Ducati again and i had videoed it on my phone and was told again the technicians though it sounded like it was a low voltage problem, then why would it start after 5 minutes with out putting it on charge.

I informed the company my course of action in April if the problem was not resolved and I am in the process of letting my solicitor take this issue forward.

2. They are part of the Vindis group. I bought a car from them back in 2012 and had 3 serious issues with them over the following months, none resolved to my satisfaction. I will never buy anything from them again. Terrible after sales service in my opinion. Good luck to the op getting it sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. They Sound about as good as their mates at Cambridge !

4. Thread moved

5. Or as good as the mates who rode off leaving you two hours earlier :) hope you take this as far as possible, I cannot abide bike businesses that pretend to be all things biker but in reality don't care about bikers one bit, that's not what been into bikes is about we are supposed to be different we have a close knit community we help each other generally, good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I seem to recall somone on here putting a refundable deposit on a V4 with them and found their aftersales communications absolutely shocking too... If i remember rightly, said member cancelled the order with them and then took their hard earned wonga to John @ Italia Moto whom was more than happy to take the order and look after them in the very pleasing way Italia do so well.

I have only called in at Peterboaough when passing and although the premisis is quite nice and the bikes seemed to be well presented when we called in, the sales guy lost my interest and attention when he started telling me about his 180+mph trip down the A1 on the V4s Demo they had at the time, which only had 13 miles on the clock when he turned the ignition on for us to see the dash :thinkingface: Landed him a bollocking from his boss by all acounts who then congratulated him on showing the public what Ducati's are all about and told him he was impressed with his riding skills... :eek:

After yawning a couple of times whilst trying to remain focussed, Mrs M linked with my arm, thanked him for his time whilst he was mid-flow and guided us both out the door...

None of the above really helps the OP just thought i would spare any other unsuspecting memeber whom reads this enduring the same experience as we did when just calling in.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. They are also trying to sell a bitsa 916 for £10k, making like bandits if someone buys it for that !

8. I didn't have a good experience with them while hunting for my 959, the sales lad was a brash young fella, tried to fob me off telling me I didn't really want a red 959 and should buy the 899 in white he wanted to move, when he didn't like my response he said "well do you know the difference between them anyway?"...I thanked him for his time and vowed not to spend a £ there.

9. I bought my bike from these guys and had no issues either with the sales process or staff attitude albeit i have had no problems with the bike so can't comment on the after sales experience.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I bought two ducati t shirts from Peterborough ducati, fit absolutely perfectly so does Debbie's, so they are definitely good at making t shirts, they were nice lads in the shop and nice stock in a nice showroom.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't disagree with a word you've written there, Ben. +1 for Italia:upyeah:

12. Think it’s just dealers in general now,I spent 2k at my local dealer on full Termignoni exhaust and fitting,took 3 weeks ,still waiting for my up map key and lost the link pipe to my old exhaust. Sick of chasing them now,new triumph or Aprilia in March

13. What, they both fit you?

14. Yes :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information