1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrol Tank Bracket Hook

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Conradv2, Sep 20, 2017.

1. I love my 620 monster but I had a nightmare last night trying to hook the tank bracket back on after lifting the tank. I was there for about an hour as I took it apart a few times to see if it was on wrong etc.
    I got it in the end but I'm not sure it's correct. Anyone had this problem ? Better still anyone know the fix ?

I would just like to say a big thanks to the midges for biting my ass through the whole process.

2. Pictures? Is the tank plastic and expanded?

3. What he said.

Nasher

4. Ill stick on a close up tonight , yes plastic tank. Heres the bike in question.

20170326_090107.jpg

5. Bike doesn't exist without a wheelie bin in the picture.

6. Got 4 wheely bins , 2 plastic bottle boxes and a food caddy and they get emptied on Sundays (don't get me started ) . So the plastic tank expands over time causing the hook problem ?

7. It's one, quite likely, possibility.
    The plastic tanks don't like the latest generations of Fuel.
    If the tank looks like it doesn't fit on the rails etc very well it's probably the reason.

There obviously isn't much you can do about it, some say if you drain the fuel, wash the tank out and let it dry for days or weeks it shrinks back, but I've not tried it myself.

Nasher

8. I might tweak the hinge or the lock to make a bit more room then. Seems daft to drain and shrink if you are putting fuel back in anyway. Cheers for the info.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information