1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Mount Solution / Rokform Review

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Ilmostro99, Oct 19, 2019.

1. IMG_0218.jpeg I have been on the lookout for a good way to mount my iPhone to my Monster 1200R, but it hasn't been as easy as it should be. The steering damper, while great, presents an obstacle that is seemingly impossible to work around. Up until this point, I've been using a RamMount X-Grip that has worked ok. It mounted my iPhone securely, but it vibrated terribly, plus I hated how huge it was when left on the bike. In addition, since I use my phone for navigation in my car, I had no way of mounting the x-Grip in my Golf.
    Recently I purchased the Rokform case and mounting system, hoping it would solve my problem. So far, it is working out perfectly. The Rokform case has a "locking system" similar to the Quadlock, but also a very strong magnet located just below the locking system. IMG_0221.jpeg I installed the mounting system in-between the controls and the brake reservoir. I wish it was a bit smaller, but honestly, it's not that bad. Different from the Quadlock, this one is made of all aluminum and is VERY sturdy. IMG_0219.jpeg
    While riding, the phone is extremely secure. I've tested it up to about 100 MPH (on a closed circuit race track of course), and there is no vibration what so ever, and secure enough that I wouldn't worry about it at top speed. The phone is easy to remove, but a bit finicky to mount. You have to line up the grooves and twist into place. I'm sure it will get easier with time. Also, it can be mounted in portrait or landscape mode. IMG_0236.jpeg IMG_0222.jpeg The Rokform phone mount has also solved my problem of mounting my phone in my car. I purchased a small metal plate that sticks to the dash and mounts via the magnet. I was a bit worried that the magnet would affect the navigation/function of the iPhone, but according to their website, there are no issues at all. In my short time testing, I have not noticed any problems at all. IMG_0225.jpeg IMG_0226.jpeg So far, I couldn't be happier with the set-up. It works perfectly on both the Monster and the Golf. The magnet also allows it to stick to any metal object...such as my workshop cabinets. IMG_0237.jpeg
    For power, I purchased the Optimate O-108 USB Charger and mounted it along the right side of the bike and up under the tank, coming out just below the display. IMG_0223.jpeg IMG_0220.jpeg IMG_0224.jpeg
    The USB adapter plugs into the battery charger plug when I pull it off the charger Maybe one day, I'll make it permanent, but for now this is working out perfectly.

Anyway, for those of you that are having trouble mounting your phone to your M1200R, this may be a solution for you.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Doesn’t the 1200r have the spare power supply by the headstock like on the 1200s?
    Power is then also switched on and off by the key.