1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photobucket Fix

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by Jez900ie, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Copied from another forum. I've tried this on Firefox and it works.

Fix for seeing Photobucket pics

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Just a note of caution - Chrome extensions are theoretical security risks as the extensions will require certain permissions and accesses to your computer in order to work.

Many extensions are bona fides and have no practical downside but there are others that do sneaky-beaky things with your system, of which monitoring your web habits is possibly the least awful.

I have no reason to believe that the Photobucket fix falls in either category, helpful or harmful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 GunZenBomZ, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. I didn't know that - thanks!

Still another (old car enthusiasts) forum I frequent has a great "how to" repair/ tune section with pics . Massive amounts of old info, very difficult to replace. These were rendered almost useless by the photobucket blackout. Then I came across this extension so for now I will take a chance!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ok, so they started off by providing a free service but then went on to apparently "own" the pictures that you submitted to them?

Best "fix" is not to use them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information