1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Pick Up Day This Friday!!!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Vtwin4fun, Mar 18, 2019.

1. I've arranged to pick my 2016 1200s up this Friday so very much looking forward to it. I've already been looking at what I can add such as the little tank bag with charging hub which I think will be very handy for touring which I'm planning on doing as much as I can.
    Is there anything I should be looking for. She's got full luggage and is all standard. Have considered the termi can and even the full system but I've ridden plenty of bikes with aftermarket cans with baffles in and out and I understand the OEM has a nice sound to it anyway and I don't want the exhaust note to get on mine (and my girlfriends) nerves when I/we tour.
    I'll be getting out to some of the meets too so will look forward to meeting up with other members.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Enjoy getting to know your new Multistrada.

If you were considering the Ducati tank bag and charging hub then you might want to get the Givi versions, which is the same bag but without Ducati branding, and save a few £. I already had the bag, the hub I got from Nippy Normans but had to add a Hella plug to make it work with the Multistrada accessory socket. You'll also need the correct mounting ring for your bike.

Evotech rad and front cylinder head guards are good quality. You might want to consider some of Jamie's spacers for the screen to lift it away from the bodyword, and tilt it forward slightly, to help mitigate the buffeting that comes as standard. This is subjective, maybe try the bike without these first though personally these combined with the standard screen have been the best for me so far. Not totally resolved mind you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cheers Bumpkin, I'll take a look at the rad/oil guards for sure. I've made my own in the past but I think I'll go proper with this bike. I'll also take a look at the givi options too as I think a small tank bag will be really useful rather than trying to get into trouser pockets with gloved hands.
    Re the screen - that's one this g that Definately crossed my mind. I had a 990 adventure s which I had to get rid of as for me it was unrideable over 50mph .

4. If you fancy meeting up with a bunch of like minded Multi owners from all over Europe and riding in the western Pyrenees then have a look at the EMM, there are still a few rooms left.
    https://www.motoroutes.net/emm2019

• Like Like x 1
  5. Enjoy they are a cracking bike just ride safe

• Like Like x 1
  6. OMG this bike is amazing. Comfy, dripping with tech, oh and a little bit fast. Love it already.

• Like Like x 5
  7. How you getting on with that Tank Bag you bought off of me?

8. Great thanks. Fitted but not been out with it yet. Fits well and will be great with the phone as a sat nav.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have the same feelings about mine :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information