1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pierobon F042 or X60R

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Gregory, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Hello

Anybody built any of the aforementioned Pierobon aircooled track bikes?

I have a friend that wants to buy by 999R track bike that I don't run much these days and thinking of building a Pierobon over the next winter. I like the idea of low weight and grunty 1100 engine.

Looking at the basics I think it could be quite expensive..... But here in France they seem to hold thier value and it could be a nice compromise between the RC8 TRACK and the RS250 Aprilia that I ride at the moment.

Any feed back or build costs would be helpful.

Cheers

Greg

2. I've seen a few and a mate is doing one althou I havent seen it yet or the spec, but...30-60k seems to be the ballpark depending on spec

3. 30 to 60 k ! ?

I have just found some old Desmo (a French Ducati mag) where they estimate 15 to 20 k euros for an F042.
    Of course its not all new bits but seems fairly high spec bike, Ohlins etc.

Will keep digging out info and I wrote to the Frech dealers last week for more info.

Greg

4. Ballpark costs as outlined by Bradders sounds right. I know Massimo Pierobon reasonably well and he speaks perfect English if your Italian is like mine...

5. Thing is, if you are going special then people go special. Wsbk forks, 5k engine build, titanium custom exhaust and the list goes on

I'd love one, simple 110 hp 1000 ds motor in 150 kg max chassis be a match for most

6. Thats what I am thinking.

Road and track ohlins. Stock engine, 1100 hypermotard or monster (Simple, reliable and there is enough for my level of riding). Brembo monoblocks off a Streetfighter Etc

A good bike but not something stupidly expensive but that is easy to ride. I will speak to the French importer and do the sums but if it it is much more than 25 k euros I will keep the 999R.... That already owes me more than 20 grand..

7. [​IMG]

I live in the South of France, Coventry is a bit far for a coffee :rolleyes:

The above one is for sale

24k euros.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Good reason for a ride out ;)

That is my fav version. If I had 24k, would I have that or a panigale? Probably that

• Like Like x 2
  9. I love the Pierobon bikes and if money was no object then I would definitely have one.

You could build something unique on a similar vein without going bonkers in the cost though. If you used a 748 frame, 1000ds engine with a little work, S4RS swingarm and shock, 1x98 ohlins forks, 848 forged wheels, 1198 monoblocs etc. With a little bikini fairing, 999 tank and a custom tail it would look brilliant and be an absolute riot on track too...

• Like Like x 2
  10. I have a mate that was the owner of Ducati Montauban near my place.

He has built quite a few 748's with the desmodue engines.

He build them for around 7 to 8 k euros. They do quite well in the ducati endurance (2 and 4 hour) races.

They are not Pierobons though....

11. Buy it!

12. Still think a 620 frame, with 1000ds motor, sbk forks and one off system would be a great compromise of unique look, readily available parts and power/weight giving great track performance. Some of the guys in DD are having to add weight to hit 150kgs with 2l of fuel on board

• Like Like x 2
  13. I think that x60r is on a par with the panigale looks wise.....absolutely beautiful...

14. I have found this one. Not extremely modified with ohlins and so on but looks like an good base for an nice build.
    Ducati Pierobon - Moto Puro

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nah...the black one is best....now my tablet wallpaper...

16. Could be a food sabe, zx10 or fireblade seat unit, low side slung can and full fairing and you're looking at something nice

17. That's my local dealer. This bike isn't in their showroom yet, but he has had more Pierobon bikes in the past. I'll have a word with him next weekend to see if he's got any more incoming or knows of Pierobon's for sale.

18. Thanks

Yes Jerry would like to buy it but don't have 24k right now...... Times are 'Ard'
    This year I am running my RS250 Aprilia on the short circuits and my KTM RC8 Track on the long ones. Going from the RS to the RC8R is not easy. Going from the RC8R to a X60R (decided it must be the X60R) will be easier.

One thing I wanted to do was build my own, buy the kit, then take a good 12 months to source all the bits.

After all half the fun is in preparing the bike!

19. in which case build cost will depend on what you buy and the bits you cannot do yourself. All I've seen have been built by a pro shop AFAIK and there were quite a few at the Dutch Ducati race meet at Assen the years I've been there

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information