1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Pikes Peak 1200 V 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wealdy, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Hi anyone had experience of both models and wondered if the 1260 is worth the extra expense? There are a few low mileage 1200 dvt models out there and I understand that healtech do a quickshifter ( not down blipper ) should I feel the need! Currently riding a BMW s1000xr 2017 model which is a great bike, but despite what BMW say it's still got vibration issues. Any feedback welcome

2. Do a forum search, there are a few comparison threads, and in the main the difference between them seems negligible and not worth the cost to change if you have a dvt already. Saying that, if buying new and only a grand between costs, may be worth going 1260 as it has a few more toys and engine a little smoother still :)

3. Rode them both, preferred the 1200.

4. I had a thought about swapping my 16 PP for a 1260 PP, I didn’t get round to taking one out as after talking to the salesman, he convinced me that change wasn’t worth it!

He reckoned blind folded you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference!

5. Likewise, I rode the 1260 but decided to keep my 1200 DVT S with Pikes peak paint job, a much cheaper option and it retains the electronic suspension (which the Pikes peak doesn't have.)

6. The lower torque is noticeable. Also the gearbox seems smoother and obviously the auto blipper.

7. Just on the beemer wealdy, have you tried aftermarket heavy bar ends. It seems a re-occurring issue for many bikes

also I'm not sure if this helps

8. Thanks for the replies. My bike has had the "fix" but still has issues. Think I need to test ride the PP's models if poss to decide which to go for.

9. few things for you, cant answer whats better regarding 1260 or 1200 but I had a s1000xr before the 1260 and I am really happy i changed, evotech do bar ends that work better than the BMW fix :-
    https://evotech-performance.com/products/bmw-s-1000-xr-handlebar-end-weights-2015-1
    To be honest the BMW is a great bike but as my mates said "its beige" and thats so true, go either 1200 or 1260 and I think you will be happy as I am so glad I made the right call.
    Regarding the lack of electronic suspension, I dont think its a issue, the Pikes Peak has amazing ride, just needs setting up correctly

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just need to find a nice 2016/17 low mileage PP and reasonable trade in and it's a goer I feel!! Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'd prefer a non skyhook. I'd have one if I had a partner jumping on and off every day. or single rider one day and fully loaded the next but without those I'd prefer a non electronic suspension. Spend an afternoon at a suspension guru for less than £100 and get the bike tailored for me exactly

• Like Like x 3
  12. I am watching auto trader and eBay motors but if anyone is aware of a nice clean low mileage pikes peak at a garage near you, please let me know
    Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information