1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  1. I’ve already told my dealer that I’ll be ordering one, if it is what we’re all hoping it’ll be.

2. Looking at the review it could well be the v4 multi that a lot of people are waiting for

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. My orders already in , test ride will confirm if I like the 17/17 set up as the 17/19 works so well and don’t want it to be twitching on back roads .

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can't wait. Just have doubts about the final color. I think the PP in the video is wrapped in black? at least I hope not . would like the new PP to not be black.

5. I doubt it will be black, that’s there way of covering up the colour scheme until final release

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm intrigued at the very least, hopeful actually, but I really would like it to be more like a modern twist on the older 1200s ohlins (pre sky hook) and to be like that it needs a taller less dished seat.

Problem is that I'm fairly convinced that I saw a tweet from Adam Child when these first videos got posted on twitter, he's only 5.7 but specifically mentioned how much lower the seat felt, I think the tweet has since been removed.

Maybe it wasn't a final spec level seat and they wanted the journos to get lower to the ground at lean on track, maybe they fitted a lower seat for him.... I mean 5.7 isn't tall is it, well, it is for a child or a hobbit I suppose :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. One could be cynical and suggest the ‘Pikes Peak’ or whatever they call it, with 17” front wheel (as opposed to 19”) and Ohlins manual (or perhaps semi auto) suspension (as opposed to Marzochi fully auto electronic) at 3-5k more than a V4S is a marketing ploy by Ducati to capture those potential buyers who think ‘nah, 19” front wheel? It’s gotta handle like shite’ without ever having ridden it.

From direct, first hand experience, I can tell no difference in corner turn in between my V4S and my 998S or my ST4S. I can tell, and know, the V4S handles better than both my other bikes and my corner speed on it, through my favourite corners is faster, probably as I feel more in control on it, especially when compared to the 998. Would the ‘Pikes Peak’ handle any better on the real world road for most riders? I doubt it. On a track with a riding god? Perhaps, but real world, I’m sceptical.

#8 West Cork Paul, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I was talking to a dealer last week down at Brands BSB. He said if it wasn’t for COVID, the PP would have come out at the same time as the rest of the V4 MTS range.

Ducati didn’t expect to sell as many bikes as they have this year.

9. I’ve read in several sources the Multi V4 is responsible for the fantastic improvement in unit and €€€€ sales Ducati have had this year and that almost 1in 4 bikes sold are the new V4 multi on it’s various guises. It’s a very competent and brilliant all round motorcycle:upyeah:.

10. There is no doubt Ducati needed to widen their appeal and thus sales to riders who were a bit sceptical about owning one. This bike has done that.

11. I do hope the new bike isn't called Pikes Peak though, it has no relevance to the bike anymore. Bikes can't even run there anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rumoured to be around the £25k mark too

13. That will be nearly £8k more than I paid for me my V4S. I struggle to understand how that can be justified.

14. It can't, but that won't stop people from buying one, as you undoubtedly already know........:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. I'm sure the V4S handles great, but I don't like the look of the 19 and the narrow rear tire. I have no off road aspirations and don't care to buy a bike that suggests I do.
    I brought a Multi as it was powerful, comfortable and could do all types of tarmac riding duties. I am interested to see what this new model will offer and may testride to see how it compares against my much customised 13. I not certain the difference will be worth 25k.

16. I for one will buy one :imp: assuming that it’s what we expect.
    Test rode the current v4, to be fair it’s good, very good but !,!,! My 1260 PP handles better when nailed.

17. My money is on them calling it the V4SP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was speaking to a dealer in Europe that hinted it will be called along these lines. It will not take the Pikes Peak name further on.
    But we never know. Stranger things have happened. I do agree that it will be overpriced for the extras they will give us. But....it wont stop me chopping in my 2021 BMW XR for one!! :eek::eek:

19. dealer launch today with public later in the week. still hoping it comes in at around £23k as that is what i've been told. should find out today and reckon its going to be called PP.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information