1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pillion Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Beef, May 27, 2018.

1. I am currently wiring in some heated grips for the bread knife, for speed last year I put them onto the battery but obviously that leaves the problem of them draining the battery when the bike isn’t running. I’m thinking the power outlet on LH side will not be up to powering my TomTom & the grips, so any suggestions as to where I could easily connect them into so that they are protected by ignition?

2. Is there also a din connector under the seat? On DVT there is but can’t remember on previous versions.

3. Not as far as I’m aware - bike is still in bits and I’m looking at it now and can’t find it

4. I was certain my MY13 had the front LHS outlet and a din outlet somewhere for heated clothing etc like BMW. But I may be confusing bikes. On DVT, under the seat where the rear locks in there is a UDB and a din outlet. You need to look for it as it isn’t obvious iirc

• Like Like x 1
  5. As Bradders has said, there is a DIN near the seat. In addition to that, there is the accessory plug just underneath the left hand fairing panel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorted - sorry bradders I initially thought you meant under the seat as in when it’s taken off! All done, connected into the LH socket

• Like Like x 1
  7. Where do you locate the pillion grips ? New one on me ... is it on the grab handles ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. On the rider’s love handles :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tbf I did, as I was trying to remember if it was like the DVT (which is under the seat) or the GS (which is in the plastic under the seat area but outside)

Glad you found it :upyeah:

10. Yeah I got the Oxford hot hands that wrap around normal handlebar grips but fitted them to the pillion grab handles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Why wouldn’t you go for heated gloves?, she’ll only get the benefit if she’s got hold of the grab handles, my missus never touches the handles, mind you she has the back box to lean against

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Because I didn’t!!

13. An interesting concept! I’m all for my heated grips but the difference being that I have to hold them to operate the bike safely, my missus on the other hand sits on the back with the freedom to do as she pleases, each to their own, I suppose :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry Nigel - the smiley face seemed to be lost from the previous post! You're right, gloves would give her the better freedom of movement but she has very small hands so finding heated gloves could be tricky (though her small hands do have an advantage elsewhere ;) ) Also, I got the grips at a fraction of the price of a pair of heated gloves! :p......Lets hope said wife never reads this post!! :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Changing headlight bulbs? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Heated gear draws too much amperage for the power outlets. Gloves and jacket liner alone could easily siphon 10A.
    Fused 16 AWG SAE cable to the battery is best for this application. You'll be using this cable for your battery tender as well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information