1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pillion On A Diavel

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Andy800, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Hi all

The Mrs often hints at riding pillion on one of my bikes, neither have the facility.

How good are Diavels for taking a pillion, I'm looking at suitable bikes and TBH the Diavel tickles my fancy. I love the look of the single seat units but can they be easily converted to take a pillion and reverted if needed.

Other bikes on the list would be a streetfighter or a Hyper..

All advice welcome and thanks in advance

2. Depends on how long your wife's legs are. The pillion foot pegs are quite high so long legs would end up with an uncomfortable knee bend and the standard rear suspension is likely to launch her into the air when you ride over bumps. Streetfighter is IMO a much better option. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Many thanks. I do like the SF, it was on my wish list before I got the 899. Had an 848 a few years ago, still have a soft spot for it. Never cared much for the SF at the time but it grew on me, much like the Diavel has

4. My Mrs reckons its one of the best seating out of all the bikes I've had and I've had a couple of cruisers with mustang and Corbin seats on, Also, she has to walk with a crutch at the moment( waiting on a knee op) and she manages quite well on the pegs having about 28"-29" inside leg

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. @Rick B If thats your Diavel in your Avatar (lovely I might add) how do you go about swapping out the seat unit for a pillion

• Like Like x 1
  6. love my streetfighter, but if you think about having a passenger, you better forget about it, my better half absolutely hated it and so did I very uncomfortable!

7. Thanks
    Its just a cowling that covers the twin seat Andy, 2 Allen bolts underneath and it pops off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. on the other hand, I saw a couple on a multi enduro, looking very very comfortable!

9. Result :):upyeah:

10. In my mind I know it would be the sensible choice, the multi as much as folk rave about it just doesn't float my boat

11. I'm too short for a Multi :sob:

12. wouldn't mind it myself as a second bike lol, as long as I could keep the streetfighter to have fun for day trips and use the multi to do longer trips, one day...........

• Like Like x 1
  13. use a little step to get on it and when you have to stop search for something to lean against, lol

14. Where theres a will theres a way :upyeah:

15. Was thinking about welding a caravan step onto one of the pegs :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. My wife said it is ok and she feel safe on the back but mine is fitted with back rail and rest option,it also has à different option seat.I is a great bike

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information