1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Pillion Seat Storage - Disk Lock

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by freshage, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sup guys, just curious if you think the pillion seat storage is enough for a disk lock?

2. It is big enough on my 1200 DVT. It also houses the Rapid Bike module at the same time. So unless the 1260 is very different to the 1200, no problem to get the disc lock in.

3. Just about but you have to squash the tool kit very flat and make space on one side

4. Oh yes, I forgot about the toolkit. I've removed mine.

5. Get a Roadlok that fits to the front brake caliper :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You can also get a lock that fits to the front brake lever, locking the brake on.

7. Ah yes, the toolkit, I just want something as a deterrent more than a robust lock, as we all know, if a thief wants it, they will get it regardless. I just want a visual deterrent.

I'll have a shop around, waiting for the dealership to get delivery of my 1260 GT and the full termi race system to install it. I'll just wait until I have the bike in hand and measure up.

8. If u get the alarm fitted it sits in that space right in the middle as well,leaving little space left

9. But how will you manage a roadside rebuild of the bike without all those amazing tools?

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. I have duct tape and zip ties. :yum

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Add on some rubber bands and you'll have enough to build a whole bike!

12. As already mentioned Roadlok is your solution. Often available in this forum from @Billy Big Roy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oxford Boss disk lock fits under the seat without issue.
    The rear seat area is the same for the 950, 1200 dvt and 1260.
    You can reposition the tool kit and tyre puncture repair kit to under the back of the riders seat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Yep same here roadloc is the only way to go fits on your calliper permently no issues with under seat storage

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. The official Ducati alarm? Mine isn't in the tool kit tray. It's in the space further forward that's designed for it. You do need to jiggle some wiring out of the way but it does fit OK.

Have a roadloc too and agree with those above, it's the neat solution. The pin stores in a tiny space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roadlok & the pin is all you stow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. they have fitted mine under pillion,in middle in some sort of rubber holder that seems to be for it unless that’s something else
    625C8179-CF39-4360-9E2B-9ED92BD4871C.jpeg

18. Admittedly mine was intended for the 1200DVT, I took a chance as it was being sold off cheap. The instructions said it should go under one of the side panels where the special fly-lead would be found. Well I found that under the seat on my 1260 and located the alarm there too. It fits OK, and works as intended, but I do run with the seat in the high position. The seat pan does make light contact with the casing so likely wouldn't fit there with the seat set low.

20200919_180134.jpg

19. I think it looks better under the pillion seat, plus I have my seat in the low position so proberbly wouldn’t fit under riders

20. Certainly hear you on the low seat thing. Not sure on the practicality of loosing the space for my toolkit, puncture repair kit and rear wheel nut though. It's not pretty under the seat on these bikes however you look at it...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information