1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pillions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cookster, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Hi guys is there any law on taking pillions, as In do they need to be a certain age or height or anything??

2. No minimum age - must reach foot pegs while sat on pillion seat and be able to hold on - must have the permission of their parents or guardian - helmet of course - think that's about it legally speaking :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. If you take @Exige on the back, make sure to whack up the preload. o_O

Fat Woman.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That was a good day out, thanks for the memories :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just by way of info, in Western Australia (it is a State jurisdiction issue) the statutory minimum is 8 years of age.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. In western Cheltenham, they are riding bikes themselves by then

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. some of us where building em out of a box of bits by then too.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm just stating the on-road legal position. There are loads of of kids here in junior mx, riding farm bikes, in crates on the back of farm bikes and our specialty being riding around on stolen bikes as long as they can reach the controls.

However, kit your 7 year old out in the latest safety gear and and use a harness or adapter seat for him or her to ride pillion on the road around Perth and you will be committing an offence.

10. I had heard same as others that they have to be able to reach the footpegs and hold on.
    We considered taking our 9 and 11 year old girls on the bikes. Problem I found was finding suitable gear - most of it was designed for MX.

11. My lad came out from about 8 or so. Once on a 748 (terrible judgement by me) and lots on an st2 with top box.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chiz...
    see what the man said?
    .... get off that bike!

13. Check your insurance to - it’s a tick box extra charge now on most uk policies

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information