1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pin Code Start - Red Switch Not Released

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Robbo75, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Hey Guys

Just trying to to resolve an issue on I'm having with the Pin Code start. Key fob is working fine but thought I'd test the pin code in the eventuality I have an issue on the road.

Anyway, pressing the button for a Pin Code start sees an error message 'Red Switch Not Released' which it clearly is. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I'm on a 1200 MTS 2011.

Thanks
    Robbo

2. Occasionally when I switch mine off and try to lock the steering I get the message red switch not released too. Annoying

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Just checked my immobiliser override and had exactly the same.

When using the remote and red button normally everything works fine except for a "Red Switch Not Released" message when switching off.

With the immobiliser in range to the emergency start button lights up the dash, so that button is probably working OK.

Sounds like a dodgy red button ??

Any thoughts anyone ??

4. I had this a few years back, the pin code was not incorrect but was deleted from the bike. Try taking to a dealer and have the code reset.

5. When this happened to you did the immobiliser override button, the big one under the hatch, have no effect whatsoever, no light up of the dash, nothing, without the key fob ?

6. Yes John, iirc, the "insert pin" lit up, but as soon as I tried inserting a number, it said red button not released. Moto rapido says the pin code was not default or reset, but that it just didn't recognise it needed a pin cause there was none present, so the system didn't know it was a pin system if that makes sense, so they reinstalled software and put the default on, all was good, but not before I had to get a lift back from work with the AA having rung the red card number.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information