1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Pin Number Help

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jacko1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Hi all, I tried to start my bike yesterday 1200 DVT , 2015,
    Nothing happened the screen didn’t light up at all, I thought maybe a flat battery so I put on trickle charge overnight and the battery is fine, I have used the emergency button at the front of the tank and this will light up the screen, the bike still won’t turn over, there is a pin code option , if that’s the right word, I have guessed at it 0000 and 1111 but this didn’t work and could be never ending, any help or suggestions would be very welcome,
    Cheers
    John

2. Did you buy it second hand? If so can you contact the old owner?

3. Hi, yes I did buy second hand, I’ve asked the previous owner who also bought it second hand , I’m 3rd owner , he said he didn’t know the PIN number and had no cause to use it ,

4. I'm guessing your local dealer should be able to help when they open again. Maybe??

5. Yeah, I thought that might be the case ,
    Cheers

6. Try the last 4 digits of the VIN

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’ve just taken the battery out of the fob, wiped and replaced and it works a treat ‍♂️
    Thanks for the replies

• Like Like x 1
  8. Excellent.......still get it into the dealers when you are able....just in case for the future

9. If you download Melcodiag (its free), and get the two required cables you should be able to reset the pin code yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, as soon as they open I’ll be down there

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information