1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Run - Sunday 2 October 2022

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Pete1950, Jan 10, 2016.

1. EDIT: For the 2022 event see page 4 onwards.

The
    Pioneer Run for veterans takes place this year on 20 March 2016. It starts at Tattenham Corner, Epsom Downs at 8am and proceeds the 47 miles to the Madeira Drive, Brighton *. There are no Ducatis in it, obviously, but there are hundreds of interesting old contraptions dating from 1896 onwards. Lots of spectators also turn out on classics and specials for the day.

Like 2014 and 2015, I intend (health permitting) to ride down to the Chalet Café on the A281 a mile south of Cowfold, Sussex by 8.30 or so, getting a fry-up breakfast, and watching the bikes go past. Afterwards might go down to Brighton, especially if the weather is good. Or maybe take the A272 westwards to Loomies.

Who wants to be there?
    Peter.
    * From 2020, will end at Shoreham Airport.

#1 Pete1950, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sounds like a plan....weather permitting etc.

3. This is now two weeks away. I am determined to be there, along with three or four others committed. Anyone else thinking about it?

4. Will be there.

5. Hopefully work permitting I will be up for this.

6. Planning to be there

7. Can't go as I have a memorial mass for my Dad in Shropshire.

8. Now two days away, and the weather forecast is dry, cloudy, cool but not freezing. There will be a production team in attendance at the Chalet shooting a video. Must remember to wash my hair and have a shave.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. weather looks good.:smile:

10. There was a light drizzle for a time, but largely dry. The Run duly took place, the video was duly shot, loads of interesting machines ancient and modern were duly seen, old friends were duly met, and a good time was had by all. Riding for a while with a GoPro harnessed to my chest was a new experience.

• Like Like x 2
  11. sounds like fun, sorry I couldn't make it this year

12. @Pete1950 where's the video located? I'd like to see it if possible, thanks, Dave.

13. Flawless Media
    The production company, Flawless Media, tell me they will not even start editing the footage for a couple of weeks (being busy with other projects), and the end product should be done by late April. All that stuff is nothing to do with me - I just appear in it!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Can I have your autograph please Pete? (Just to get in early)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Here is a link to the video:

https://vimeo.com/167101065

The password is FID2016
    Apparently it will be going up on the Fidelity website next week. It is mainly about finances and pensions - the motorbikes are just background, really.

16. Thanks @Pete1950, enjoyed that for the perspective and for the visuals.

17. In 2017 the Pioneer Run for veterans takes place on 19 March. It starts at Tattenham Corner, Epsom Downs at 8am and proceeds the 47 miles to the Madeira Drive, Brighton. There are no Ducatis in it, obviously, but there are hundreds of interesting old contraptions dating from 1896 onwards. Lots of spectators also turn out on classics and specials for the day.

Like 2014, 2015, and 2016 I intend (health permitting) to ride down to the Chalet Café on the A281 a mile south of Cowfold, Sussex by 9.00am or so, getting a fry-up breakfast, and watching the bikes go past. Afterwards might go down to Brighton, especially if the weather is good. Or maybe take the A272 westwards to Loomies.

Who wants to be there?
    Peter.

#18 Pete1950, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  18. Weather permitting (it did snow 2 years ago, and was cancelled!) we will be there

19. Now three months away ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information