1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Run - Sunday 2 October 2022

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Pete1950, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Now less than four weeks away. I have suggested this as an outing to the DOCGB London, Essex, Kent, and Sussex branches.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'll be there but riding the Vincent opposed to the Duc

• Like Like x 1
  3. One week to go!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just for info, this is the video from last year - mainly about pensions but with the bikes as background:

5. It's tomorrow morning. Weather forecast is reasonable and mild, but a bit breezy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. We didn't get far due to a snapped clutch cable!

Here she was before we set out though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. This year's edition of the Pioneer Run is to take place on Sunday 18 March 2018. Starts at Tattenham Corner Epsom at 8am and ends on the Madeira Drive Brighton three or four hours later. I plan to be at the Chalet, south of Cowfold, as usual. One for the diary.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reminder: The 2018 Pioneer Run is one week away now ...

9. Might have thinbike on road by then.
    Need to be dry and +10 tho....

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was dry and +11 today.

11. Still very very wet down here....
    Next weekend - long-range forecast is saying high chance of rain on Sunday, so let's hope it changes before then.
    Rapid rain-dance required :D:cool:

12. Don’t think I’ll be going unless weatherman changes his mind.

13. I think a lot of people will feel the same which is a shame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. it is a shame - looking even worse now, and it's no consolation that the following day looks perfect.

15. The racing at Brands this weekend has already been cancelled due to high risk of snow.

16. Forecast for Sussex is sleet or snow Saturday night and freezing cold with a bitter east wind on the Sunday. So not looking great really.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Organisers have announced today at 12.20 p.m. that the event is going ahead with the possibility of a delayed start. Hopefully see you at Cowfold tomorrow.

18. Too cold for this kiddy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information