1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Iii

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Stef, Jul 2, 2018.

1. I have always gone initially with what the tyre manufacturer recommends especially if I have gone away from the OE fitment. Tyre wear will tell you if it is wrong. Modern tyres have quite a large operating pressure envelope so feel free to have a play until you find a pressure that suits your riding style. Andy

2. Thank you Andy! I was just finding "weird" the fact that Ducati say to use the same pressure, whereas Pirelli suggest to drop the rear (this is mostly me being ignorant ha!)

3. I’ve been told by my local mechanic, to always use the bike values. His explanation is that tyre manufacturers have no idea what weight of bike they’ll be mounted on.

4. The same OE tyres (Rosso III) are fitted to my new Supersport and my wifes new Monster 821. Both bikes have about the same weight and the same power output, but Ducati recommend different pressures for both bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I see your point! But on the pirelli website, if you change the motorbike (e.g. I tried to put the 1199 superleggera) and choose the same tyres, it changes the values (2.5 front for the 959 becomes 2.4 for the 1199). That's what made me think it might be trustworthy

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. And, if you don't mind checking, do they differ from the Pirelli website?

7. Never even looked at the website, I just assume that Ducati know what they are talking about. Neither of us would feel the difference if they were too high or too low anyway.

8. One thing that I will say is that they are probably the best road tyres that I have ever ridden on since I started riding in 1975. Even managed to get 9000+ kms out of the rear, on the Supersport, and only changed that because I had a 2800 km trip coming up.

9. That's the first time I have ever seen the rear pressure lower than the front, just checked my manual 1200 monster is 2.3F, 2.1R.

10. I put them on my 1199 about 700 miles ago, 31F 33R. I've no complaints, they have never felt short on grip on the road and they seem to be wearing well, definitely wearing better than the Super Corsas they replaced

11. That's the first time I have ever seen the rear pressure lower than the front, just checked my manual 1200 monster is 2.3F, 2.1R.

12. Very important..

Pie eater 36. 42.:blush:

Salad muncher 32. 36.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information