1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Superbike Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Ash34, Apr 19, 2017.

1. I'm being told that the rear tyre for my 1098 is no longer produced by Pirelli but I can have an old one from 2014.

It's a 190/55/17 which I thought was common on many bikes so can this be true that they stopped making that size 3 years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. They may have stopped making a paticular model of tyre, but still make that size.

I seem to remember that the Corsa II rear tyre on my Streetfighter had been discontinued so I had to put a Corsa III on it.

3. What tyre are you trying to replace ? Andy

4. Pirelli still show them on their website and list the size on there too. I think I'm being told porkies.

5. As in the title Pirelli Diablo Superbike.

6. Porkies I reckon too.

Maybe try the VO2: EVERYONE who uses are raving about them. Grip like Pirelli slicks, wear better than Dunlop. :)

7. VO2?

8. Just had a Rosso III fitted to the rear of the 1198 this afternoon so still making the size you need. Not heard of Diablo Superbike before though? Would guess they have now been superceded by a new tyre though.

I've been very impressed with the Rosso III since swapping to them last year. Very confidence inspiring and I'd covered 1600 miles on the last one which still had a good bit if life in it (picked up a laceration on it hence having to change it early)

WP_20170419_15_58_04_Pro.jpg

9. Diablo Superbike is a slick for racing, not a road tyre.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. That'll explain why I hadn't heard of them before then!!!

11. According to the Pirelli website the 190/55 Superbike is available in an SC2. The Superbike Pro is not available in a 190 at all. A quick scan and I can only find a 190/55 slick in the Dunlop. Andy

12. Bridgestone VO2 slicks :upyeah:

13. Bridgestone VO2 only come in 200 rear section though.

14. If 6 inch rim it's fine but may need to check clearance of swingarm and hugger.

15. Pretty sure the 190 was discontinued about a year ago. 200/60 replaced it

16. Funnily enough I too spoke to Pirelli yesterday and was told the same, Superbike slicks discontinued, so I ordered a set of Metzeler Comp K slicks rear 200/55 for my Jerez trip in May. Not used them on the 1098 before so we shall see as it's quite hot over there already and think they may hold together better in the heat.

17. I spoke to Pirelli yesterday and they told me the 190 is NOT discontinued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information