1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks Vs Diablo Supercorsa Sc

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Android853sp, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Off to Almeria beginning of October and the V4 is currently shod with my first set of Diablo Superbike slicks. I have an option of 4 days on track but I doubt I’ll spend more than 5 x 30 minute sessions on track each day (come on, I’m getting old you know :D) I now realise I’m going to need spare tyres. The question is, will the Superbike slicks last for 2 days or will I need to revert to the Supercorsa SC’s for longevity ? Andy

2. We ran Supercorsa SC's at Donnington and maybe on a brand new set you would get 2 days out of them, but I think 4 is a stretch.

We are off to Jerez on Saturday and we are trying Metzeler Track Day Slicks which advertise themselves as being able to be flipped for more usage. We are taking 2 rears and a new front but we are bike sharing for 2 days so hopefully we will get them to last, it's only a 675 though so probably easier on rears.

3. I have used the SC’s and am happy I can make them last 2 days. The unknown is how long the Superbike slicks will last and if I could eek them out for two days. Andy

4. No idea what the surface is like or how fast/aggressive you ride, but I've run SC1 and SC2 (F/R) for a few years on Euro's, for me I can eek out 2 rears over the 3 days, by the end of the 3rd morning the 2nd rear is shot but I just tend to leave it and save myself some $$$ for the last 2-3 sessions before packing up. The front I change midway on the 2nd day as a matter of course, whether it's needed or not I dunno but it takes some risk away for me.

Are the SC slicks just the same compounds/construction but slick?

5. The description of the two tyres in the Pirelli year book is ambiguous. I’ve used the Supercorsa on the V4 before, mainly because it has the 200/60 profile but was happy with them. The Superbike slicks are a bit of a progression experiment for me which may work out and may not. Time will tell but thinking about it after the comments, Supercorsas may be the prudent purchase. Andy

6. Don't look at me, I run VO2's

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. SC0 runs 4 sessions at a decent pace
    SC1 maybe a day if its not too hot

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. V02s all the way

Do Not Sell My Personal Information