1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by duke63, Dec 4, 2017.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  1. Love me a Pirelli. Definite favourite tyre brand. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Will take a lot to get me off the Michelin power RS. Really great tyre. Front end feels WAY better than the DCR or SC SP.

Interested to see what these will be like

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ah yeah, I looked at those too but they were only available in womens sizes!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Well, it truly is different strokes for different folks. Front end feel is exactly why I love Pirelli. Hate Dunlop and Bridgestone as I’m very much about the front end and only get 1 front for every rear the way I ride. Had a decent set of Michelins on lately though and currently running Maxxis (also very good - able to achieve max lean straight away and great feel).

• Like Like x 1
  5. I will give these ago in the spring.

6. I was going through fronts as quick as rears with Pirelli

Front tyre wears very strangely and quickly.

They might have addressed these issues with the new tyre but the supercorsa SP wore the same as the DRC so it’s not just one tyre which did it

7. Do more wheelies and use the front tyre less.

8. i prefer stoppies

9. Looks like the 200/55 is the new 180/60 for 6" rims :upyeah:

Surprised that some of you are getting one front to one rear, I ride the front tyre heavily yet my rears look like the upper half of an egg's profile yet the fronts still have plenty of life left.

egg profile.png

• Crap Crap x 1
  10. I could stretch my fronts further, but I certainly wouldn’t get enough out of it to last until the next rear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I wonder how they will compare to the rosso III in wet conditions.. Thoughts ?

12. Not as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. but do you think they will be more grippy than the Rosso III on the road ?

14. Depends on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  15. meaning...?

16. Not if the road is covered in mud / potholed / icy / freshly "dressed"... take your pick I guess :)

17. The tyre information for the Rosso III refers to good water clearance. The tyre information for the Diablo Rosso II emphasises it’s dry grip properties. IMO the DRII is a halfway house between the Supercorse and the Rosso III so good grip with more life than the SC but not as well mannered for most of the year round riding as the Rosso III will be. Andy

18. They’re fitted as standard on me Scrambler , can’t say for wet weather but in the dry they’re super grippy, I really like em :)
    28871ADC-8C81-4E2F-9F1D-AC686CE50381.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information