1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Sbk Sc3 Slick, Any Good?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Connor, May 16, 2020.

1. As above really, Anyone had a go on them? FWR sell them super cheap and as I'm only doing trackdays and don't really need mega grip I'm considering giving them a go.

2. Might as well run a street tyre then

3. Are they that bad?

4. No but street tyres are that good m

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Have you run slicks before?
    Do you have tyre warmers?

6. I like my street tyres to at be able to handle a little bit of the wet stuff so I run Michelin Power 5, They're passable on the track but I much prefer the SC2 slick or SC's obviously. The issue is in my current stock I have a set of SC's that have done one day and will need a new rear, and I have a Front SC1 that's done one TD and still in good shape. So its either get another SC rear which is probably what I'll do, or go for another slick to use up the front I have. Hence asking for the SC3 opinions.

7. 'Front SC1' is the slick**

8. So the combination is SC1 front and sc2 rear.. the sc3 rear will be harder, go for it!

9. I think I'll probably give it a go

10. In preparation for a now abandoned Almeria, I bought the superbike Sc1 front and sc2 rear. I was advised that is the best combination for me and the V4. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Normally I would go straight for SC2 but the SC3 is half the price pretty much, Is it half the grip...? thats the question

12. IIRC, the Pirelli website, superbike slick page has a diagram that shows wear, grip and temperature characteristics of the tyre. Andy

13. Yeah I've seen it :)

14. I guess you have to ask the question, why are they half price?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. They only seem to be half the price at FWR, I kinda assumed he bought to many? Or... they're widow-makers

16. Why don't you just call and ask Bob? He's quite a friendly chap.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That is good value. Or is it cheap?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just bought one, recon it'll be fine for my speed.

19. Taken off the webpage now. Had an email saying they had no stock and should have been removed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information